Apache HTTP Server Course And Certification
What is Apache?
Apache (in full Apache HTTP server) is a powerful and robust web server software. It is open source and free to download and use. Apache is considered by many as a flexible tool in the world of web server software. It is also the most widely used server software on the web.
Advantages of Apache HTTP Server
1. Running apache server leaves you with less platform worries as apache is a cross platform server software i.e. it can run on any operating system, be it Windows OS, Linux, Mac OS as the case may be.
2. Apache is known to have made initial contributions to the growth of the World Wide Web (www) and is still adding more value to it, this remarkable contributions have given it a lead in web server software market, and its developers are working continuously to make it even much better and flexible.
3. Some of the programming language supported by apache include Python, PHP, Tcl and Perl.
4. Apache has a lot of featured support many of which are implemented as an extension of the core functionality of complied modules.
5. Apache also has support for authentication module examples of these modules include; mod_auth, mod_access, and mod_auth_digest.
6. Some other features supported by Apache include content negotiation, password authentication, configurable error message, FTP, CGI, digital certification, to mention but a few.
7. Apache runs with the process name httpd. This means multiple website can run on a single apache installation, this unique feature is made possible by what is known as Virtual hosting. Virtual hosting is a way of hosting several domain name on a single server.
8. Apache also gives architectural implementation a lot of flexibility, through what is known as Multiprocessing Module. The choice of Multiprocessing Module is of great importance as it allows apache to run in a hybrid, process based mode. One of the major drawback of Apache 2.2 was it sluggishness to the delivery of static file, all thanks to the developers that immediately ran to the rescue with Apache 2.4 which of course saw to this drawback.
9. Apache is still been actively worked on and will continue to be a preferred choice amongst its counterparts.
10. Apache is available free of cost that requires no license.
11. Apache is reliable and high performance.
12. Apache is easy to install and uses full-featured web server.
13. Apache offers more support and faster turnaround time.
14. Apache offers instant changes, so no need to restart the server for changes to reflect.
In the Full course, you will learn everything you need to know about Apache HTTP Server with Certification upon successful completion of the exams.
Apache Course Outline:
Apache - What is Apache?
Apache - How to install Apache
Apache - Install Apache on Linux Platform
Apache - Install Apache from Source
Apache - What is Virtual Host?
Apache - Types of Apache Virtualhost
Apache - Name-based Virtual Host
Apache - IP-based Virtual host
Apache - What Apache needs to Run Php File?
Apache - PHP handlers in Apache
Apache - How to run Ruby with Apache
Apache - How to Secure Apache Web Server?
Apache - Hiding Apache version and OS information
Apache - Disable Directory Listing
Apache - Disabling unnecessary modules
Apache - Restricting Access to files outside the web root directory
Apache - Using mod_evasive to rebutting the DoS attack
Apache - Using mod_security to enhance apache security
Apache - Limiting request size
Apache - Apache Log Format
Apache - Available Apache Directives
Apache - Types of Apache Log Format
Apache - Common Log Format
Apache - Combined Log Format
Apache - Configure your very first Production Web Server
Apache - Exams and Certification