ASP.NET MVC Course And Certification
What is ASP.NET MVC?
ASP.NET MVC is a web application framework that was developed by Microsoft but is currently discontinued. It makes use of the Model View Controller (MVC) software design pattern. ASP.NET MVC is open-source software, that is away from the ASP.NET Web Forms component which is proprietary software.
The ASP.NET Core was released, to unify the ASP.NET, ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET MVC, and ASP.NET Web Pages (which is a platform that only Razor pages). The MVC 6 was forsaken due to the Core and it is not expected to be released again. The ASP.NET Core is currently planned to merge into the.NET 5.
ASP.NET MVC which is based on ASP.NET, allows a software developer to develop a web application as a combination of three roles, which are the Model, the View, and the Controller. The MVC model separates the web applications into 3 logic layers, which are, the Model (which is the business layer), the View (which is the presentation layer), and the Controller (which is the input control layer).
Features of ASP.NET MVC
There are many features of ASP.NET MVC, and some of them are:`
1. ASP.NET MVC has a Separation of concern in which the input logic, business logic, and UI logic are separate yet connected to each other, which allows for testability, and for test-driven development (TDD) by default.
2. Applications that are developed with ASP.NET MVC are highly customizable as the components of the ASP.NET MVC framework are developed so that they can be easily customized or replaced. We can plug in your own view engine, your own policy for URL routing, your own action-method parameter serialization, and other components.
3. The ASP.NET MVC framework also supports the use of Inversion of Control (IOC) and Dependency Injection (DI) container models. Dependency Injection allows you to inject an object into a class, instead of depending on the class to design the object on its own. Inversion of Control declares that if an object depends on another object, the first objects should access the second object from an outside source such as from a configuration file. It helps us with testability.
4. ASP.NET MVC presents developers with a powerful URL-mapping component that lets you develop applications that have searchable, comprehensible and clean URLs. URLs do not have to come with a file-name extension, and they are designed to be able to support URL naming patterns that work well for search engine optimization (SEO) and representational state transfer (REST) addressing.
Benefits of ASP.NET MVC
There are many benefits of ASP.NET MVC and some of them are;
1. It offers you full control over the HTML that is rendered to the user.
2. It provides a clean separation of concerns(SoC) in the application.
3. It allows you to carry out Test-Driven Development (TDD).
5. It allows you to follow the design of the stateless nature of the web.
6. It lets you develop RESTful URLs that will further enhance your site's SEO score.