Broadband Networks Course, Broadband Networks Certificate, Broadband Networks Training, telecom certification courses, basic telecommunications certification course, telecommunications courses, telecom courses for engineers.
Broadband Network refers to a wider bandwidth data transmission technology that is responsible for transmitting multiple signals with high speed.
Broadband is simply a type of high-speed internet connection that is developed to surpass dial-up connections as the standard way to connect to the internet.
The Types of Broadband Connections include:
1. Digital Subscriber Line (DSL)
2. Cable Modem
6. Broadband over Powerlines (BPL)
1. Digital Subscriber Line (DSL):
DSL transmits data faster over traditional copper telephone lines already available in our homes or offices. There are two types of DSL Transmission Technology:
a) Asymmetrical Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL): – ADSL provides faster downstream data transmission over the same line used for voice service without obstructing regular calls on the line.
b) Symmetrical Digital Subscriber Line (SDSL):– SDSL is used by businesses that offer services such as video conferencing etc.
2. Cable Modem:
Cable Modem is the type of technology that provides cable operators with broadband connection using the same coaxial cables that deliver pictures and sound to TV sets.
Fiber Optic is the type of transmission technology that converts electrical signals with data to light and then sends the light through transparent fiber-like glasses.
Wireless broadband connects to the internet with a radio link between the end-users location and the service provider’s base station facility.
Satellite broadband uses satellite installation orbiting the earth in space to provide internet services for end-users in remote places and sparsely populated areas.
6. Broadband over Powerlines BPL:
BPL is the type of technology that delivers broadband connections over the existing low- and medium-voltage electric power distribution network.
1. Convenience: A good broadband connection to your home means there's a greater capacity to send and receive data. It means that data be received and sent far more quickly to and from your computer. This allows you to access the Internet, browse the web more effectively, download files faster and send and receive emails quicker. Broadband comes at a fixed price, you can budget effectively. You can also share your broadband connection amongst several PCs or other devices in your home. Most Broadband routers have wireless connectivity; you can use this for computers, mobile phones, Tablet PC’s and many game consoles.
2. Promotes Remote Work: More and more companies are now embracing the flexibility of allowing staff to work from home. High-speed connectivity allows links to internal computer and telephone networks giving you all the office facilities at home. With increasing fuel costs and companies aware of their Carbon Footprint, this is an attractive alternative. If you run your own business, faster broadband may enable you to run this from home. This could allow you to reduce your overheads by not renting expensive office premises and not having to commute to work. The use of web sites as the gateway to your company allows you to sell online and compete on a much more even playing field with larger competitors.
3. Online Education: For many school children, college and university students’ fast broadband allows access to a broad range of educational and research material in a variety of formats. Most educational establishments have Virtual Learning Environments such as Moodle and Blackboard. It is now possible to undertake an enormous range of vocational and recreational courses in the comfort of your own home over the Internet. Interestingly web sites such as YouTube are now becoming some of the most used informal help sites when trying to find out how to do everyday things.
4. Online TVs, Radio, Music, Games: From catching up on missed TV programs via the many online channels, faster broadband allows a huge range of entertainment possibilities. The radio stations, TVs, Games, etc can be streamed online.
5. Online Shopping: With access to doorstep delivery services, online shopping is now the new trend. Broadband enables one to simply shop from anywhere at any time.
6. Online banking: Make online payments, receive money online, all possible because of broadband.
In the Full Course, you will learn everything you need to know about Broadband Networks with Diploma Certificate to showcase your knowledge.
Broadband Networks - Introduction
Broadband Networks - Qos in Packet Switching and ATM
Broadband Networks - ATM Networks
Broadband Networks - Effective Bandwidth - I
Broadband Networks - Effective Bandwidth - II
Broadband Networks - Traffic Descriptor in ATM
Broadband Networks - Calculus for QOS - I
Broadband Networks - Calculus for QOS - II
Broadband Networks - Packet Scheduling Algorithm
Broadband Networks - Fluid Fair Queueing and Weighted Fair Queueing
Broadband Networks - Virtual Time In Scheduling
Broadband Networks - Fairness of WFO and SCFO Scheduling Algorithms
Broadband Networks - Rate Proportional Servers
Broadband Networks - Latency Rate Servers - I
Broadband Networks - Latency Rate Servers - II and Delay Bounds
Broadband Networks - QOS In Best Effort Internet
Broadband Networks - TCP Congestion Control
Broadband Networks - Analysis of TCP
Broadband Networks - TCP Throughput
Broadband Networks - Buffer Management
Broadband Networks - IP Addressing Scheme
Broadband Networks - IP Addressing Lookup And Packet Classification
Broadband Networks - IP Over ATM
Broadband Networks - Differentiated Services Internet
Broadband Networks - Voice over IP
Broadband Networks - RTP
Broadband Networks - Metro Ethernet Access Networks - I
Broadband Networks - Metro Ethernet Access Networks - II
Broadband Networks - Video Lectures
Broadband Networks - Exams and Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!