CSS Course And Certification
What is CSS?
CSS was developed to allow for the separation of element and content in a web document, including layout, fonts and colors for proper control. This method of separating the view from the content can greatly improve accessibility, allow for more flexibility and control in the specification of display characteristics, enable multiple web pages to share same formating by specifying the CSS styles in a separate ".css" file, and reduce the hard work in styling just on HTML element directly and repeating the style manually across the document.
Features Of CSS:
Some of the Features Of CSS include:
1. CSS saves time: You can write CSS styles once and then reuse the same style sheet in multiple HTML pages. You can write a CSS style for each HTML element and apply it to as many Web pages as you want.
2. Pages load faster: If you are using CSS, you do not need to repeat writing HTML tag attributes every time. You just need to write one CSS rule of the tag that you want to style and it will be applied to all the occurrences of that tag in your HTML. So less code means faster download time of your web page.
3. Easy maintenance: To make a general change, you simply change the style, and all elements in all the web pages that the style was linked to will be updated automatically.
4. Superior styles to HTML: CSS has a much wider list of attributes than HTML has, so your HTML page will have a far better look when compared to using regular HTML attributes.
5. Multiple Device Compatibility: Style Sheets allow content on a web page to be compatible with more than one type of device. By using the same HTML document, different versions of a website can be viewed on mobile devices such as PDAs and cell phones or for printing.
6. Global web standards: Now the practice of developing websites with just HTML attributes is being depreciated in browsers and it is being recommended to use CSS. So it's a good idea to start using CSS in all your HTML pages to make them be compatible with future browsers.
Why Study CSS
Below are some of the reasons why study CSS
1. CSS lets You Change Your Site Designs to Look How You Want Them to Look: It is very to take a free Web template and develop a website with it. But these templates can in most cases be very plain or common. So your website will look like every other web site on the internet. By learning CSS you can edit and modify already built templates so that they will have your custom and unique colors and styles. Therefore, you will have a customized website without a lot of effort.
2. Save Money: There are a lot of web designers who will develop your website or your CSS for you. But paying someone else to manage and maintain your blog or website can get very expensive, even if you only have them create the designs and you then manage the content. Knowing how to modify the CSS file of the website will save you money when you find little problems that you can fix yourself. And as you practice, you will be able to fix larger problems.
3. Earn Money: Once you know CSS very well, you can sell your designing services to other websites. And if you're looking to become a freelance web designer, you would not get far if you don't already know CSS.
4. Redesign Your Site More Quickly: Many older websites that were built without CSS are very hard and difficult to redesign. But once a site that is built with CSS comes in, it can be redesigned very fast. Changing things like the backgrounds and colors can change how a site looks with very little effort. In fact, many websites now put up special versions of their websites for special occasions and they can do this simply because it only takes a few hours to design an alternate stylesheet for the occasion.
5. Build More Diverse Websites: CSS gives you the opportunity to design sites that looks very different from page to page, without a lot of hard and extensive coding. For example, many websites now do slight color variations on the different sections of the site. By using page IDs, you can change the CSS styles for each section and use the same HTML structure for each section. The only thing that changes is the content and CSS styles.
Benefits And Advantages Of CSS
There are lots of benefits and advantages of using CSS in your Web Page, Some of them are:
1. Create Stunning Web site: CSS controls and manages how a part of a web page will look and feel like. Using CSS in your webpage, you can change the color of the text, the spacing in between the paragraphs, the type of font you want, how columns are being sized and laid out, what type of background images or colors are used, the layout designs, different kinds of display for the different devices and screen sizes available as well as a variety of other effects.
2. Become a web designer: If you plan on having a career as a professional web designer, HTML and CSS designing is a must-have skill.
3. Control web: CSS is easy to learn and understand and it also gives you powerful control over the presentation of an HTML document. Most of the time, CSS is combined with the markup languages HTML or XHTML.
CSS Course Outline
CSS Box Model
CSS Navigation Bar
CSS Image Gallery
CSS Image Sprites
CSS Attr Selectors
CSS Website Layout
CSS Rounded Corners
CSS Border Images
CSS Text Effects
CSS Web Fonts
CSS 2D Transforms
CSS 3D Transforms
CSS Style Images
CSS Multiple Columns
CSS User Interface
CSS Box Sizing
CSS Media Queries
CSS MQ Examples
CSS Video Lectures
CSS Exam and Certification