Tags: Database Testing Course, Database Testing Certificate, Database Testing Training, database testing certification, database testing online course, database testing tools, database testing scenarios, structural database testing.
Database Testing is a step by step layered process of checking database structures and properties such as tables, queries and triggers for data service integrity and consistency.
A Database is a portal with structured layers that serves the accumulation of files that are interconnected to each other. Databases hosted in different servers may not be of the same model and type, for example databases may be heterogeneous.
Essentially, Database systems are usually made up of four layers which are:
1. The UI (User Interface) Layer,
2. The Business Layer,
3. The Data Access Layer,
4. The Data Server Layer.
Database Testing at these various layers is very important for a steady and consistent database system. Mostly, web application software directly accesses the database from different backends, for example, they access heterogeneous databases.
Database Testing is one of the most important testings which requires the application tester to be an expert in checking the database tables, writing database queries, and query procedures. Database Testing can also be carried out in a web application or in some cases, a desktop and database can be used in the application like Oracle or SQL. There are many projects such as internet banking applications, health insurance, and finance, which require heavy and extensive database testing.
Database Testing also checks the database tables, triggers, etc. of the database that is under test. It may require developing complex data queries to load/stress the test of the database and to check for its responsiveness. It checks for the integrity and consistency of the database. Computer software applications are very much complex these days with various technologies like Android and also with lots of Smartphone applications. The more complex the front end of the application is, the more complex the backends testing becomes.
So it is very important to learn about Database Testing and to be able to validate the Databases effectively to make sure of the application security and quality backend databases. It does not matter whether the application is a web application, a desktop application, a mobile application, client-server, peer-to-peer application, enterprise or individual organizations; the Database is needed everywhere in the backend.
Similarly, whether it is a Finance application, Healthcare application, Leasing Software, Retail management, Mailing software or controlling a spaceship, a Database is always in needed behind the scene. As the function of an application increases, its complexity also increases, therefore, the need for a stronger and more secure database comes up.
There are many features of Database Testing and some of them are:
1. Data validity and accuracy (field size validation): Data integrity is critical for timely business decisions. Therefore accuracy is imperative at every stage of its processing. Database testing analyzes the application requirements to identify the details of actions performed on any data element after it’s created either by user input or through another process.
2. Data integrity (this checks the application constraints, insert, delete and update): Data integrity should be ensured in all cases of CRUD functions irrespective of the device being used and pages being viewed. The verification process assures consistency and accuracy of data throughout its lifecycle, including accuracy at the time of storage, retrieval and update. Testing data integrity involves verification of constraints as well as CRUD operations (Create, Retrieve, Update, and Delete).
3. Database objects (stored procedures, views, and tables): It Checks data integrity and consistency. Database Testing is checking the schema, tables, triggers, etc. of the database under test. It may involve creating complex queries to load/stress test the database and check its responsiveness.
4. Data migration (import and export): Data Migration Testing is a verification process of migration of the legacy system to the new system with minimal disruption/downtime, with data integrity and no loss of data, while ensuring that all the specified functional and non-functional aspects of the application are met post-migration.
5. Data transaction consistency and concurrency (locks): Database application programs are often designed to be executed concurrently by many users. By grouping related database queries into transactions, DBMS (database management system) can guarantee that each transaction satisfies the well-known ACID properties: atomicity, consistency, isolation, and durability.
6. Database performance indices, number of triggers and procedures): Database performance testing is used to identify performance issues before deploying database applications for end-users.
7. Database security- data access (unauthorized access): Database security testing is done to find the loopholes in security mechanisms and also about finding the vulnerabilities or weaknesses of the database systems.
There are many benefits of Database Testing and some of them, are:
1. Database Testing speeds up the overall cycle to develop a room to test large data sets.
2. Database Testing also helps in processing complex transaction behaviors.
3. Database Testing helps to check data integrity and consistency.
4. Database Testing allows for both Functional and Non-Functional Testing.
1. Enhance your knowledge of database structure and improve SQL skills.
2. Be on your way to becoming a professional database tester.
3. Job Opportunities and Career Advancement.
4. Increase Your Earning Potential.
Database Testing – Introduction
Database Testing – Overview
Database Testing – Types
Database Testing – Processes
Database Testing – Techniques
Database Testing – Scenarios
Database Testing – Objects
Database Testing – Data Integrity
Database Testing – Data Mapping
Database Testing – Performance
Database Testing – Tools
Database Testing – Backup
Database Testing – Recovery
Database Testing – Security
Database Testing – Challenges
Database Testing - Video Lectures
Database Testing – Exams and Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology is a subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!