Digital Communication Course And Certification
What is Digital Communication?
Digital Communication is the exchange of data in digital form. For example, communications done over the internet is a simple form of digital communication.
Communication is the transmission of information from a sender to a receiver through some medium. Communication enables us to know what is happening around us. A person can chat with his or her distant relatives over the phone and thus the medium of communication is achieved over the telephone.
In order to understand the notion of digitizing information, it must first be understood that everything in nature, including sounds and images are originally or initially in analog before digital came to being. The Digital is simply an encoded approximation of the Analog.
Our day to day communication is in the form of signals. These signals, for example, sound signals, generally are analog in nature. When the communication needs to be established over a distance, then the analog signals are sent through, using different techniques for effective transmission which is known as Digital Transmission.
The regular methods of communication made use of analog signals for communications, which had a lot of disadvantages such as interference, distortion and other losses including lots of security breaches. In order to solve these problems, the signals are digitized using different techniques. The digitized signals allow communication to be more clear, smoother and accurate without errors.
Features And Characteristics Of Digital Communication
Below are some features and characteristics of digital communication:
- Conversion: Digital Communication is the process of converting Analogue Signals to Digital Signals over a medium in a language that the digital devices understands.
- Speed: Speed is one of the important features of digital communication in that it is very fast. In the past, to send a message to someone over a far distance takes a long time, but now with digital communication, you can easily send that message in less than a second.
- File Sharing: Digital Communication allows you to transfer more than just writing, with digital communications, you can transfer files likes videos, images, voice records, gifs, emojis and a whole lot more, thereby making communication more interesting and efficient. Also, instead of going to a distance to deliver software or a document, you could just scan it and send it instantly.
- Location Independent: Digital Communication is location independent that is, we can communicate with someone not minding his or her current location as opposed to analog communication.
- Portability: Digital Communication makes communication to be “on the go”, we no longer need to go a distance to the post office to mail a letter to someone when we have a device in our pocket that we can use to easily deliver such message.
Benefits Of Digital Communication
As signals are digitalized, there are lots of advantages of digital communications over analog communication such as:
- Digital Communication helps us to transmit information that has accurate and less distorted signals.
- Digital Communication are easy to design and cheaper than analog circuits.
- The hardware implementation of Digital Communication are more flexible than that of analog.
- The existence of cross-talk is very hard to find in Digital Communication.
- The signal is un-changed as the pulse needs a high disturbance to change its properties, which is very difficult.
- Some signal processing functions such as encryption and compression are used in Digital Communication to maintain the secrecy of the information.
- The probability of error occurrence coming up is reduced by using error detecting and error-correcting codes.
- A spread spectrum technique is used to avoid signal jamming.
- The configuration process of digital signals is easier than analog signals.
- Digital signals can be easily saved and brought up more conveniently than analog signals.
- The capacity of the channel is effectively used by digital signals.
- Digital Communication are more reliable than analog.
Advantages of Studying Digital Communication:
- To broaden knowledge and understanding of how digital information is passed across digital devices.
- To boost one's career in Digital Technology.
- To expose us to the advantages of Digital Signal Transmission over Analogue Transmission.
- To aid us in the knowledge of how to encrypt and secure our information.
- It provides job opportunities.
Digital Communication Study:
Here we highlight some of the things you will learn in this course:
Introduction to Digital Communication and Difference between Digital Signal and Analogue Signals.
You will learn that Digital Signal involves signals in represented in form of zeros and ones. This signal unlike the analogue signal has advantages like:
- Minimized distortion,
- Signal security,
- Accuracy of Information,
- Cheaper to design and
- More effective since it is well filtered to give the best output.
You will learn the Elements of Digital Communication like :
- A to D Converters,
- Source Encoders,
- Channel Encoders,
- Modulator, etc.
Also you will learn about the Pulse Code Modulators(PCM), Differential PCM, Delta Modulator(DM) which produces more accurate and less distorted signals.
You will learn Multiplexing which entails passage of many signals through a medium called MUX to a single signal and also De-Multiplexing which involves the conversion of one signal via DEMUX into many signals.
You will learn the Spread Spectrum Technology which uses broad frequency pattern to transmit signal thereby ensuring less distortion, less noise, strong signal strength and quality signal output. It can be divided into Frequency Hopped Spread Spectrum FHSS and DSSS/CDMA.
Other areas includes Sampling and Encoding of signals, where Encoding entails arranging data format into packets that can be transmitted over the digital device in 0s and 1s. This course in depth teaches how digital information is transmitted over a communication channel. It also reveals how analogue signal can be converted to digital signal and vice versa and many more.
In The Full Course, you will learn everything you need to know about Digital Communication with Diploma Certificate to showcase your knowledge and competence.
Digital Communication Course Outline:
Digital Communication - Introduction
Digital Communication - Analog to Digital
Digital Communication - Pulse Code Modulation
Digital Communication - Sampling
Digital Communication - Quantization
Digital Communication - Differential PCM
Digital Communication - Delta Modulation
Digital Communication - Techniques
Digital Communication - Line Codes
Digital Communication - Data Encoding Techniques
Digital Communication - Pulse Shaping
Digital Communication - Digital Modulation Techniques
Digital Communication - Amplitude Shift Keying
Digital Communication - Frequency Shift Keying
Digital Communication - Phase Shift Keying
Digital Communication - Quadrature Phase Shift Keying
Digital Communication - Differential Phase Shift Keying
Digital Communication - M-ary Encoding
Digital Communication - Information Theory
Digital Communication - Source Coding Theorem
Digital Communication - Channel Coding Theorem
Digital Communication - Error Control Coding
Digital Communication - Spread Spectrum Modulation
Digital Communication - Exams and Certification