Figma Course And Certification
What is Figma?
Figma is a web-based graphics editing and user interface design software application. You can use it to do all kinds of graphic design work from wireframing any website, designing mobile application interfaces, crafting social media posts, prototyping designs, and everything that is in between.
Figma is different from any other graphics editing tools. Mainly because it works directly on your browser. This would mean that you get to access your projects and start your designing from any computer or platform without having to buy several licenses or install any special software.
Another reason why designers love Figma, it is that Figma offers a generous free plan where you can create and store 3 active projects all at a time. It is more than enough for you to learn, experiment, and work on all your small projects.
At its core, Figma is a tool that is made for user interface design and for prototyping. Before moving forward, it is best that you get a basic understanding of UI design. it will also help you make the most of the free application.
Features of Figma
- Interface: A like interface and all the same drawing tools such as Sketch.
- Prototyping. Figma has a clickable prototyping feature that is very similar to Craft + InVision.
- Built-in Commenting. Anyone that has the link can add comments anywhere on the design, this is similar to how commenting works in InVision. You can tag people in comments, mark your comments as resolved, and even integrate it with Slack.
- Developer Handoff. Devs can even get dimensions, styles, and download icons and images from the project link. it is like Zeplin, but again, you do not have to sync your artboards whenever you update your designs.
- Version Control. Figma includes a version history for all of your collaborators. You can roll back to or you can fork from a previous state. This works like time machine on a Mac device.
- Multiplayer Collaboration. Several people can collaborate in real time. Similar to Freehand, we all see each other’s cursors on the screen and they can all draw things and make comments.
- Liveshare. If you click on someone’s avatar, you will get to see what they are seeing on their screen and follow their cursor around. This works just like InVision Liveshare.
Benefits of Figma
There are several benefits of Figma, and soe of them are:
- Collaboration in Figma Is Simple and very Familiar.
- Figma makes use of Slack for Team Communication.
- Figma file Sharing Is Uncomplicated and very Flexible.
- Embedded Figma Files offer Real-time Updating.
- Figma Is very Great for Design Review Feedback.
- Developer Handoff Is hugely Facilitated Using Figma.