Food Technology Course, Food Technology Certificate, Food Technology Training, free online courses in food science and technology, free online certificate courses in food technology, food science certificate online.
Food Technology is the science that deals with the various techniques and principles involved in the processing and preservation of food substances. Food Technology is a branch of food science that is involved with the various production processes to develop edible products.
The Application of Food Science and Technology helps in producing more safer, nutritious and wholesome food products. The study of food technology is used to develop new systems and methods for keeping food products safe and immune from natural harms such as micro-organisms and bacterias. Food processing also helps in preservation and enhancement of food flavors and helps to reduce toxins in food products which produces a better nutritious and safer food products ready for marketing, distribution and public consumption.
The Modern Food Processing Techniques are key to the ever-flourishing supermarkets that we have today. For example, Extra nutrients and preservations can be added to food while processing to avoid spoilage. Some of the techniques that are used in preservation are spray drying, freeze-drying juice concentrates, and the introduction of artificial sweeteners, preservatives and colorants. Of recent, many products such as dried instant soups, reconstituted fruits and juices (sometimes blended fruits) and self-cooking meals were developed to benefit working people.
Various food processing industries are involved in the process of food technology such as:
1. Primary and Secondary processing,
2. Quality Management,
4. Packaging, and
5. Labeling of a mixture of products such as dairy products, fruit & vegetable products, fish products, confectionery products, meat & poultry products and food grains.
There are many features of Food technology and some of them are:
1. Food processing is the processing of food substances by modifying and improving their properties to preserve it, enhance and improve its quality or make it functional and more useful.
2. Food processors take raw vegetables, raw animals, raw food substances, marine materials and convert them into edible products with the use of the application of labor, energy, machinery and scientific knowledge.
3. Various biological, chemical and mechanical processes are used to convert perishable, bulky, and typically food materials that are inedible materials into more convenient, shelf-stable, and palatable foods and beverages.
4. Food technology includes all the aspects of food science, which include food production, food processing, and the distribution of food products. Several Professionals work to improve manufacturing methods through preservation, storage and new product development. They also work with food scientists to improve the nutritional value of food products.
5. The fields of study that are related to food technology include analytical chemistry, engineering, quality control, biotechnology, nutrition, and food safety management.
There are many benefits, some of which are:
1. Food processing is made easier with application of science and technology,
2. Food processing and packaging is safer with application of technology,
3. Food processing is nutritious and modern with application of science and technology.
4. The Food processing industry is the largest manufacturing industry in the whole world. Employing over billions of people, so when you study food technology, you have a vast amount of job openings and the opportunities to start your own is never-ending for as long as humans and animals eat.
Food Technologists are indiviuals who take up Food Science and Technology as a career. They do pretty much everything from working with the pure science behind what the food is made up of to planning the efficient manufacture of food products. Their activities include:
1. Identify ways to keep food fresh, safe and looking good
2. Research on a cheaper and faster way of producing food
3. Test the quality and safety of food
4. Invent new ‘recipes’ for foods using new ingredients
5. Make changes to foods, like creating sugar-free products
6. Design processes and machines that make the products on a large scale.
1. Benefit From Job Security: The food industry is one of the largest on the planet, and people will always have to eat. This means if you are working anywhere along the food supply chain, you will always have a job.
2. Access To A Diverse Environment: There is something for everyone, whether it be in quality, R&D, sales, marketing, manufacturing, teaching or in government.
4. Increase Your Earning Potential: Studying food technology offers many opportunities to earn a higher income.
5. The Food: If you love food you will definitely enjoy working in the food industry. Whether you are creating exciting new products, testing products for quality, or doing research, you will be exposed to a plethora of amazing food. You will discover dishes and flavor combinations you never knew existed.
6. Travel Opportunities: The food industry is a global one, and many large companies around the globe also conduct business in several other countries. Depending on your position, it’s likely you will get to travel, often paid for by your company or agency.
7. Self-Employment Opportunity And Consultancy: Studying food technology provides one with entrepreneurial opportunities, you can start your own food company and even offer consultancy services.
8. This Course on Food Technology is well equipped with tools and references to allow our students to develop skills in new and already existing technologies.
9. Students who takes this course are able to sharpen their key employability skills from managing workloads, working to a fixed deadline, working together as a team and for commercial awareness in the food and dairy industry.
10. The Food processing industry is the largest manufacturing industry in the whole world. Employing over billions of people, so when you study food technology, you have a vast amount of job openings and the opportunities to start your own is never-ending for as long as humans and animals eat.
Food Technology - Introduction
Food Technology - Physical properties of food materials
Food Technology - Fluid flow
Food Technology - Heat and mass transfer, basic principles
Food Technology - Reaction kinetics
Food Technology - Elements of process control
Food Technology - Size reduction
Food Technology - Mixing
Food Technology - Filtration
Food Technology - Centrifugation
Food Technology - Membrane processes
Food Technology - Extraction
Food Technology - Adsorption and ion exchange
Food Technology - Distillation
Food Technology - Crystallization and dissolution
Food Technology - Extrusion
Food Technology - Video Lectures
Food Technology - Exams And Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!