Fundamentals Of Science And Technology Course And Certification
Fundamentals of Science and Technology?
Fundamentals of Science and Technology is the study of both Science, Technology and the interactions between both. Science, in general, is defined as the structured enterprise that puts up and organizes knowledge and understanding in the form of explanations and predictions about nature and the universe. Technology, on the other hand, is described as the assembly of methods, techniques or processes that are used in the production of goods or services or in the achievement of purposes, such as scientific and experimental investigations, or any other customer requirements.
Science may stimulate Technological advancement, by producing interest for new devices to address a scientific problem, or by showing technical feasibilities previously unconsidered. Technology, in turn, can inspire scientific research, by bringing up the demand for technological advancements that can only be achieved through research, and by bringing up questions about the underlying systems that a new technology relies on.
For the vast majority of human history, Technological advancements came up by chance, trial, and error, or unintentional inspiration. When the modern scientific project matured in the Enlightenment, it basically involved itself with basic questions about nature. Research and development channeled towards instant technical application is generally a relatively modern phenomenon, starting with the Industrial Revolution and becoming conventional in the 20th century.
The development in the area of Technology creates room for research and improvement in the field of Science. For example, space science is a major part of them. Technological advancement furthermore indirectly spurs basic research in the field of science.
Components of Science and Technology
Below are components of a scientific experiment:
1. Observation And Questions: Observations allow an experimenter to gather and use background information concerning the principles being tested to better predict and understand the forthcoming outcome. The question is the aspect of the observation being tested, what the experiment is trying to answer.
2. Hypothesis: The hypothesis is a prediction of the outcome, which is generally stated in a complete sentence; it uses the observations made before the experiment to make an educated assertion. At the end of the experiment, the researcher will have to use the results to decide if he can accept the hypothesis or reject it. The hypothesis must stand up to questioning during the experiment.
3. Method: The scientific method lists all of the materials used in the experiment in specific detail along with the exact procedures that were taken. It is important that the methods are detailed and accurate so another researcher can repeat the experiment and expect to get similar results.
4. Results: The results of the experiment must be recorded. Scientific researchers must interpret the results they receive, giving explanations for the data gathered, they must also draw a conclusion from the results, he conclusion must decide whether to accept or reject the hypothesis made at the beginning of the experiment. It is often useful to display results with visual aids, such as graphs or charts, to help identify trends and relationships.
Features and Characteristics of Science and Technology
Some Of The Features and Characteristics of Science And Technology:
1. Objectivity: Scientific knowledge is objective. Objectivity here simply means that it has the ability to see and accept facts just the way that they are, not as one might imagine them to be
2. Systematic Exploration: A scientific research follows a certain step by step procedure, an organized plan or design of research for collecting and analysis of facts to be used to solve the problem under study.
3. Reliability: Scientific knowledge gotten through science and technology must occur under the prescribed circumstances not once but repeatedly. It is reproducible under the conditions that are stated anywhere and anytime.
4. Science and Technology are meant to improve outcomes: Whether in the business sector, health, education or whatever industry, Science and Technology don’t in itself lead to an outcome but rather, it improves outcomes.
5. Science and Technology is used as an extension of human capability: Science and Technology should never be seen as something that is here to replace human being or the popular myths that technology will take over the jobs done by humans, instead, it should be seen as an extension of human capability.
Benefits of Science and Technology
There are next to an infinite list of the benefits and advantages of Science and Technology which is due to its application in every sector of life and some of them are listed below:
1. Science and Technology have made Life easier and comfortable.
2. Science And Technology have made traveling easier and faster.
3. Communication has become easier, faster and cheaper.
4. The standard of living has increased with an increase in Technology.
5. Humans have become more advanced by using various new technology.
6. Due to the development of Science and Technology impossible has become possible.
7. Life has become easy and stable.
Why Study Fundamentals of Science and Technology?
1. Gain insight into how different processes of knowledge are initiated and progressed.
2. Understand how innovative technological processes are developed, employed and increase in importance.
3. Career Opportunites And Advancement
4. Range of disciplines
5. Research And Scholarly Advancements
6. Developing the ability to ask questions, collect information, organize and test ideas, solve problems, and apply learning.