Google Drive Course And Certification
What is Google Drive?
Google Drive is a web/mobile app that offers files storage and synchronization service developed by Google. It was launched on April 24, 2012.
Google Drive is a unique storage app that allows users to store files on their servers, synchronize files across devices, and share files.
In addition to a website, Google Drive allows and offers apps with offline capabilities for Windows and mac OS computers, and Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
Google Drive encompasses Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides, which are a neighborhood of the Google Docs office suite that allows collaborative editing of documents, presentations, spreadsheets, forms, drawings and more. Files that are created and edited through Google Docs suite are saved in the Google Drive.
Features Of Google Drive:
1. It organizes a system of file sharing whereby the person who creates the file or folder is, by default, the owner.
2. The creator of the file is in control of it and can regulate the public visibility of the file or folder. Ownership is transferable.
3. Google drive files or folders can be shared with some particular users who have Google account, using the email address (usually, but not necessarily, ending in @gmail.com) associated with that account.
4. Before sharing of files with users not having a Google account can be done, it will require making them accessible to "anybody with the link". This will generate a secret URL for the file, which may be shared via email or private messages that will allow the other party accessibility to the file.
5. You can make Files and folder also to be "public on the web", which means that general accessibility has been granted and they can be indexed by search engines and thus are often found and accessed by anyone.
6. The creator/owner of the drive may also set an access level for regulating permissions. There are three access levels offered and they are "can edit", "can comment" and "can view".
7. The users that have editing access can also invite others to edit too.
Benefits Of Google Drive:
1. If you have gotten a Google Account, you get 15 GB of storage for free. This Storage is used by Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos,it enables you to store files, attachments,save your email and back up photos and videos. If you want more storage space more than 15 GB, you can upgrade to Google One.
2. Google One is a subscription plan that allows you to gain access to more storage to use across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. Plus, with the use of Google One, you get extra benefits and you can share your membership with your family and friends.
3. The usage of Google Drive doesn't change it is still the same it only enables you to have more capacity, so you don't have to fear or worry about losing or transferring anything.
4. With this, you are permitted to save any attachment to your Drive, you can organize and share them in a single, safe place. Papers, receipt and documents can easily be scanned with Drive for Android.
5. All you would have to do is simply snap a photograph of documents like receipts, letters and statements and therefore the Drive will store them instantly as PDFs.