GSM Engineering Course And Certification
What is GSM Engineering?
GSM Engineering refers to the art of designing, building, installing and maintaining GSM mobile phones and networks using a very precise and detailed understanding of mobile phone technology.
A GSM Engineer is someone who is responsible for building, developing and maintaining an industry-standard GSM Networks and Devices.
A GSM Engineer or GSM Technician is also an individual who fixes GSM Mobile Phones.
GSM is the acronym of the Global System for Mobile Communication, and it is a digital portable network that is popularly used by phone users all over the world. It is a Digital Cellular Technology used widely for transmitting mobile voice and data services.
GSM uses a slight difference in a Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) and it is the most widely used of the three digital wireless telephone transmission technologies which are:
Code Division And Multiple Access (CDMA).
GSM converts data to a digital form, compresses the data, then sends the data through a channel along with two different streams of user data, each in its own set time. The digital system has the ability to carry from 64 Kbps to 120 Mbps of data rates. GSM operates at either 900 Megahertz (MHz) or 1800 MHZ frequency band, while the word Engineering in GSM refers to the job of designing, building, installing, repairing and maintaining GSM Mobile Phones and Network.
Features of GSM Mobile Phones:
A GSM Phone is made up of the following components:
Battery: A battery that provides power source for the phone.
Input Mechanism: An input system to provides interface for the user to interact with the phone such as the Keypad, Touch screens etc.
Output Mechanism: The output system that runs the actual functions and services of the phones such as phone calls, text messages, internet access etc.
Display Screen: This is the visual screen that shows input and output activity of the phone.
SIM Card: SIM Cards (Subscriber Identity Module) provides users with connection identity and allows account and information to be stored and swapped among devices.
Features Of GSM Network:
A GSM Network is made up of the following components:
1. A Mobile Station: This refers to the mobile device which has the network receiver, the processor and the display and it is controlled by a subscriber identification module (SIM) card operating over the network.
2. Network Subsystem: It provides the fundamental network connection to the network stations. The basic parts of this network Subsystems are the mobile service switching center that allows access to the different networks available like ISDN, PSTN, etc. It is also made up of the home location register and the visitor location register which gives the call the routing and roaming abilities of a GSM network it also contains the equipment Identity Registrar that maintains an account of all the mobile equipment of which each mobile is uniquely identified by its own IMEI number. IMEI represents the International Mobile Equipment Identity.
3. Base Station Subsystem: The Base station subsystem acts as a link between the mobile station and the network subsystem. It is made up of the Base Transceiver station that contains the radio transceivers and manages the protocols for communication with mobile devices. it also consists of the base station controller which commands the base transceiver station and acts as a link between the mobile station and the mobile switching center.
Features Of A GSM Module:
Below are some of the features of a GSM module:
- International roaming
- Support for new services
- Improved Spectrum efficiency
- Compatibility with services integrated in the digital network
- Real-time clock with alarm management
- Fixed Dialing number
- High-quality speech
- Short message service (SMS)
- Uses encryption to make phone calls more secure
Benefits Of GSM:
Below are some of the advantages of GSM:
- Extensive Coverage
- Greater Phone Variety
- No Roaming Charges on International Calls
- Easy Communication
- Offers Both Data and Voice Communication
Advantages of Studying GSM Engineering:
Studying GSM Engineering has a lot of benefits, for example:
- It makes us understand and know about the underlying workings of GSM Devices and Network
- We can build, manage, modify an existing network of mobile devices.
- It provides job opportunities for engineers.
- It offers self-employment opportunity.
- It boosts your career as a phone engineer.
In The Full Course, you will learn everything you need to know about GSM Engineering with Diploma Certificate to showcase your knowledge and competence.
GSM Engineering Course Outline:
GSM Engineering - Introduction/Overview
GSM Engineering - Architecture
GSM Engineering - Specification
GSM Engineering - Addressing
GSM Engineering - Operations
GSM Engineering - Protocol Stack
GSM Engineering - User Services
GSM Engineering - Security
GSM Engineering - Billing
GSM Engineering - Mobile Phones
GSM Engineering - Basic Phone Repairs
GSM Engineering - Smart Phone Repairs
GSM Engineering - Video Lectures
GSM Engineering - Exams and Certification