Information Security And Cyber Law Course And Certification
What is Information Security and Cyber Law
Information Security and Cyber Law is the study of both Information Security concepts and Cyber law policies to tackle Cyber Crimes.
What is Information Security
Information Security is the preventive measures put in place to protect against the unauthorized use or access to information especially electronic data.
What is Cyber Law
Cyber Laws are the set of rules, regulations and policies put in place to fight Cyber Crimes. Cyber Law is the sole savior in fighting cyber-crime. It is only through strict laws that unbreakable security could be provided to safe-guard valued information.
What is Cyber Crime:
Cyber Crimes are considered as illegal unethical and/or unauthorized behavior of people relating to the automatic processing, transmission and manipulation of data through the use of Computer Systems and Networks to cause harm to the victim.
Offences committed against individuals, organizations or groups of individuals with a criminal motive to intentionally harm the reputation of the victim or cause physical or mental harm, or loss, to the victim directly or indirectly, using modern telecommunication networks such as Internet (networks including chat rooms, emails, notice boards and groups) and mobile phones (Bluetooth/SMS/MMS) is also referred to as Cyber Crime. Cybercrime also tends to threaten a person or a nation's security and financial health.
According to Wikipedia; Cybercrime, or computer-oriented crime, is the crime that involves a computer and a network. The computer may have been used in the commission of a crime, or it may be the target but before a cybercrime takes effect, it needs a space called “Cyber Space”.
What is Cyber Space
Cyber Space is an intricate environment that involves interactions between people, software, and services and it is in this environments that all cyber activities occur and in other to prevent the harms and damages caused by cybercrimes, security measures were put in place to regulate, control and prevent cybercrimes from further occurring leading to security breaches.
What is Cyber Security
Cyber Security entails the technological processes and techniques introduced to protect our data, networks, even our computers from unauthorized persons.
Advantages of Information Security and Cyber Law:
The advantages are numerous, some of which are:
1. It helps to protect individuals, small and large scale organizations including nations from malicious cyber attacks and intellectual property theft.
2. It helps to safeguard information and information infrastructures in cyberspaces.
3. It helps to build a secure digital environment and cyber space for citizens, businesses and the government.
4. It helps to reduce and minimize damages from cyber incidents through a combination of institutional structures, policies, process, technology and cooperation.
5. It promotes information security awareness.
6. It helps to keep individuals informed about the latest trend in cyber security and the laws governing actions on the internet.
7. It helps to identify attacks such as phishing, DDOS and helps to provide necessary safeguard measures.
8. It provides protection of sensitive data and assets in organisations.
9. It helps us to be aware of the dos and don'ts of the cyberspace.
10. It builds users confidence in using devices with internet connection.
Principles of Information Security:
There are lot of principles in reference to Information Security but the major Principles of information security are:
2. Integrity, and
These principles help cub information from leaking or floating around without the required authorization.
Principles of Cyber Law:
There are some policies placed to alleviate cyber risks in cyber space and such include:
1. Research and Development,
2. Human Resource Development,
3. Investment into Cyber Threat Intelligence,
4. Creation of Cyber Security Awareness,
5. Raising or implementation of cyber framework among others.
In as much as there are policies set to regulate these crimes, there are also modes of solving these crimes; both the already unleashed ones and the sniffed or detected ones. Such strategies include:
1. Securing of the E-Governance Services,
2. Creation of Mechanisms for IT Security,
3. Creating a Secure Cyber Ecosystem,
4. Creating an Assurance Framework,
5. Encouraging Open Standards,
6. Strengthening the Regulatory Framework,
7. Protecting Critical Information Infrastructure etc.
Cyber Crime is being practiced every time, but is still hardly reported. Very few cases of cybercrime reaches the court because of difficulties in gathering, storing and appreciating Digital Evidence. Thus the Act has miles to go before it can be truly effective globally.
In the Full Course, you will extensively understand everything about Information Security and Cyber Law, ranging from the theories to the practice, including softwares and applications involved, policies, laws, principles, precautions and security measures with Certification to showcase your knowledge/skill gained.
Information Security and Cyber Law Course Outline:
Information Security and Cyber Law - Introduction
Information Security and Cyber Law - Objectives
Information Security and Cyber Law - Intellectual Property Right
Information Security and Cyber Law - Cyber Security Strategies
Information Security and Cyber Law - Policies To Mitigate Cyber Risk
Information Security and Cyber Law - Network Security
Information Security and Cyber Law - Information Technology Act, 2000
Information Security and Cyber Law - Digital & Electronic Signatures
Information Security and Cyber Law - Offences and Penalties
Information Security and Cyber Law - Cyber Law Summary
Information Security and Cyber Law - Video Lectures
Information Security and Cyber Law - Exams and Certification