Information Technology Fundamentals Course And Certification
What is Information Technology Fundamentals?
Information Technology mostly abbreviated as I.T is the use of computers to accept, store, recover, send, and process data or information.
I.T - Information Technology is a subset of Information and Communications Technology (I.C.T). An information technology system is both an Information System and Communications System or, more precisely, a Computer System that includes all the hardware, software and peripheral equipment that are operated by a small section or department of an organization.
Companies that are in the Information Technology field are often referred to as belonging to the "Tech Sector" or the "Tech Industry". Infact many companies that are not directly in the tech industry now have an Information Technology department for managing the networks, computers, internet and other technical areas of their business operations, which speaks volume of the importance of I.T in any organization.
In an Academic setting, the Association that is responsible for Computing Machinery describes Information Technology as "undergraduate degree programs that are used to equip and develop students to meet up with the Computer Technology needs of a business, healthcare, government, schools and other kinds of organizations.
I.T Specialists are individuals who take up the duty of selecting both hardware and software products that are suitable for the operations of an organization, combining these products into organizational infrastructure to meet needs, such as installing, maintainance and customizing these applications for the users of the organization. I.T Specialist of an organization can be a web designer, network administrator, graphic designer, software developer, systems engineer etc. depending on the area of focus of the organization.
The Job of I.T Specialists and I.T Managers also include computer network administration, software programming/development, installation, management and planning of an organization's technology delivery, software and hardware maintenance and supervision etc.
Components of Information Technology
Information Technology is made up of the following components, they are:
1. Computer Technology: The widespread use of computer technology has made magic development in the information transmission processes, in every field of human endeavor for decades. Computers provide extremely rapid access to the information that is necessary to support decision making in all areas. Computers are used for precision, accuracy, speed and processing of large amounts of data involving complete operation.
2. Communication Technology: The recent I.T revolution has transformed the communication-conscious human society into, an information global village in a short span of just two decades. The new technologies like the laser, fiber optics, telephone, teleprinter, telex, television dictaphone, silicon chip, Internet and many other telecommunication devices have come to constitute an important and inevitable component of the written and oral communication media network. These modern communication technologies have the potential to bypass several stages and sequences in the process of development encountered in the earlier decades.
3. Telecommunication Technology: Telecommunications are devices and techniques used for transmission of information over long distances via wire, radio/satellite without damaging/loss due to noise and interference. The major trends in telecommunications at present are a fundamental shift from mechanical to electrical furthermore, electronic, and within electronic, analog to digital modes of transmission involving all types of communications voice, facsimile, computer transmission, TV communicators, microwave and satellite communications, and radio links.
4. Satellite Communication Technology: Communication Satellites have some interesting properties that make them attractive for many applications. A communication satellite can be thought of like a big microwave repeater in the sky. It contains several transponders, each of which listens to some portion of the spectrum, amplifies the incoming signal and then rebroadcasts it at another frequency, to avoid interference with the incoming signals.
5. Computer Communication Technology: Computing and communication are natural allies. Both concern information when computing, we manipulate and transform information; we transport information.
Features of Information Technology
There are many features of Information Technology and some of them are:
1. The development of Information Technology has made the education system easier, simpler and widespread. Now, even people who are in remote areas can also make use of technology for their children’s education and also enjoy the benefits of adult education.
2. Information Technology allows for fast economic development.
3. Information Technology helps in the development of remote areas.
4. Information Technology helps the police in nabbing criminals.
5. The judiciary and other administrative services can also make use of Information Technology to make their work faster and easier.
6. Knowledge of computers is an essential feature of Information Technology as computers are used to make very tedious tasks easier.
Benefits of Information Technology
There are lots of benefits of Information Technology and some of them are:
1. Information Technology allows for remote accessibility of information.
2. Information Technology brings about the creation of new jobs
3. Information Technology makes the educational sector easier and more enhanced.
4. Information technology in the health sector allows for the development of more sophisticated drugs and medicinal procedures.
5. Information Technology brings about more advancement in economies.
6. Information Technology allows you to communicate news articles more efficiently
7. The Entertainment industry is greatly affected by Information Technology as it made it easier to be distributed across remote locations.
8. Information Technology brings about effective communication.
9. Information Technology brings about more accurate and speedy processing of information
Why Study Information Technology?
1. Career Choices: Information technology is diverse, and you can choose from a variety of career paths.
2. Flexible Work Lifestyle: Working in a field in IT means having the ability to work on your own terms.
3. Always On-demand: There’s an ever-increasing need for professionals in the IT field, the better your skill the more in demand you would be.
4. Increase Your Earning Potential: Working in the IT industry and combined with a good skill-set, guarantees good pay.
5. Job Opportunities and Career Advancement
Information Technology Course Outline
Information Technology - Introduction
Information Technology - Number System and Codes
Information Technology - Logic Gates
Information Technology - Computer Components
Information Technology - Information Processing Cycle
Information Technology - Hardware and Software
Information Technology - Communication and Networks
Information Technology - Operating Systems
Information Technology - Data Processing
Information Technology - Internet and Network Security
Information Technology - Video Lectures
Information Technology - Exams And Certification