Tags: Internet Of Things (IOT) Study, Internet of Things (IOT) Course, Internet of Things (IOT) Training, Internet of Things (IOT) Certificate, internet of things training courses, free online iot certification courses, internet of things online course mit, internet of everything course, industrial iot online courses.
Internet of Things (IOT) is the inter-connectivity of computing devices that are embedded in everyday objects, enabling them to send and receive data. It is simply defined as an extension of internet connectivity introduced into physical devices and everyday objects. These physical devices range from ordinary household objects to sophisticated industrial tools.
IOT is basically a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines, objects, animals or people that are provided with unique identifiers (UIDs) and has the ability to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction.
With IoT, it's possible to turn anything, from a paper to an airplane, to a self-driving car, to a smart home device. IoT gives a level of digital intelligence to devices, enabling them to communicate data real-time without a human pulling the strings, thereby effectively merging the digital and physical worlds.
The application of IoT to real-life problems is endless. It can be applied in our day to day activities such as business operations, home chores, community, medical, entertainment and so many more. Its applications are endless in almost all spheres of Life.
For instance in Medical Fields, for Animal/Pet monitoring, Public utilities such as street light, CCTV cameras, waste management, monitoring and control. Divers form of Alarm systems can be managed by this technology - IoT.
Some Applications Of IOT include:
1. Wearables to Track Human Health: IoT enabled wearables can be used to track and monitor general human health. IoT wearables enable people to better understand their own health and allow physicians to remotely monitor patients.
2. Improve Efficiencies in Manufacturing: With IoT, you can increase manufacturing power effectively. Machines can be continuously monitored and analyzed to make sure they are performing within the required tolerances. Products can also be monitored in real-time to identify and address quality defects.
3. Improve Existing Mundane Processes: With IoT based devices, we can improve and increase the time spent on carrying out some processes. Like for instance the time a farmer spent monitoring each crop can significantly speed up using IoT enabled drone.
4. Smart Home Devices: In the consumer segment, for example, smart homes that are equipped with smart thermostats, smart appliances, and connected heating, lighting and electronic devices can be controlled remotely via computers and smartphones.
1. Medical and Health Center: In healthcare, IoT offers many benefits, including the ability to monitor patients more closely in order to use the data that's generated and analyze it to better understand patients. Doctors, nurses, and orderlies often need to know the exact location of patient-assistance assets such as wheelchairs. When a hospital's wheelchairs are equipped with IoT sensors, they can be tracked from the IoT asset-monitoring application so that anyone looking for one can quickly find the nearest available wheelchair.
2. Manufacturing Industry: This is another industry that IoT can help make manufacturing and production of products faster with error tolerance. Manufacturers can gain a competitive advantage by using production-line monitoring to enable proactive maintenance on equipment when sensors detect an impending failure.
3. Agriculture Industry: In agriculture, IoT-based smart farming systems can help monitor, for instance, light, temperature, humidity and soil moisture of crop fields using connected sensors. With IoT, drones can be deployed to monitor plants and crops in order to quickly detect crops with pest and diseases.
4. Retail Industry: In retail, IoT applications lets them manage inventory, improve customer experience, optimize the supply chain, and reduce operational costs. For example, a retail company may employ smart shelves fitted with weight sensors can collect RFID-based information and send the data to the IoT platform to automatically monitor inventory and trigger alerts if items are running low.
5. Auto Industry: In the auto section, IoT can be applied in various ways. IoT enabled sensors can detect impending equipment failure in vehicles already on the road and can alert the driver with details and recommendations. IoT devices can be installed on vehicles for various tasks, for instance, you can make your electric gate whenever it senses your car coming close to it.
1. Internet of Things helps to achieve optimal results and excellent outputs.
2. Internet of Things allows the use of small devices for operations.
3. Internet of Things offers improved customer engagement.
4. Internet of Things offers technology optimization.
5. Internet of Things enhances data collection.
6. Internet of Things reduces waste.
The features or characteristics of the Internet of Things - IoT are:
Intelligence in IoT is concerned with the smart and seamless interactions between devices, while user and device interaction are achieved by GUI - Graphical User Interface and Standard Input Methods.
Connectivity in IoT brings together everyday objects/devices. It facilitates network connectivity, accessibility, and compatibility in the things.
3. Dynamic Nature:
Dynamic Nature in IoT is responsible for dynamic changes that take place around the connected devices such as; sleeping and waking up, connected or disconnected, state of devices including temperature level (hot/cold) and location.
Sensing in IoT is powered by certain sensors that are designed to detect or measure any changes in the environment in order to generate data that can report on their status or even interact with the environment.
Heterogeneity in the Internet of Things is responsible for supporting direct network connectivity between heterogeneous networks. The requirements for heterogeneous things in IoT are scalability, modularity, extensibility, and interoperability.
Security in IoT is an important area because IoT devices are naturally vulnerable to security threats. and It is important to secure the endpoints, the networks, and the data that is transferred across all things involved.
1. Internet Of Things study enables students to understand the basic aim of IoT inventions which is aimed at connecting any device with an "on or off" switch to the internet.
2. Students who study IOT will be acquainted with the requisite knowledge of the IoT concept and its application to modern-day usage of computers, internet and information technology in general.
3. Knowledge of IoT includes everything from cell phones, coffee makers, washing machines, headphones, wearable devices, etc. This also extends to components of machines, e.g jet engine.
4. Studying IOT helps students to know that, IoT is a giant network of connected "things" (which includes people). The relationship will be between people-people, people-things, and things-things.
5. Knowledge of IoT can also be applied to things like transportation networks in "Smart cities", which can help us reduce waste and improve efficiency in energy usage, etc.
6. Internet of Things is a system that allows users to achieve better results using the best technological tools (Software, Hardware, and Modern Attitude).
7. It makes work effortless, effective and efficient bringing about optimum outputs.
8. It provides job opportunities for I.T professionals.
9. It provides self-employment opportunities.
In the Full course, you will learn everything you need to know about the Internet of Things - IoT with Certification to showcase your knowledge/skill gained.
Internet of Things - Introduction/Overview
Internet of Things - Hardware
Internet of Things - Software
Internet of Things - Technology & Protocols
Internet of Things - Common Uses
Internet of Things - Media, Marketing, & Advertising
Internet of Things - Environmental Monitoring
Internet of Things - Manufacturing Applications
Internet of Things - Energy Applications
Internet of Things - Healthcare Applications
Internet of Things - Building/Housing Applications
Internet of Things - Transportation Applications
Internet of Things - Education Applications
Internet of Things - Government Applications
Internet of Things - Law Enforcement Applications
Internet of Things - Consumer Applications
Internet of Things - Thingworx
Internet of Things - CISCO Virtualized Packet Zone
Internet of Things - Salesforce
Internet of Things - GE Predix
Internet of Things - Eclipse
Internet of Things - Contiki
Internet of Things - Security
Internet of Things - Identity Protection
Internet of Things - Liability
Internet of Things - Video Lectures
Internet of Things - Exams and Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology is a subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!