Joomla Course And Certification
What Is JOOMLA!?
JOOMLA! is an Open Source, Easy to Use - Content Management System (CMS), that is used to develop and build dynamic websites and web applications. Joomla is free to use and customizable and it is separated into front-end and back-end templates (which is the Administrator). Joomla is built using Object Oriented PHP, software design patterns and MySQL (which is used for storing the user's data).
A Content Management System (CMS) is a web software that keeps track of the whole website data (such as text, images, music, pdf's, etc.) which will be available and dynamically displayed to users. It aids in creating, editing, publishing and changing the content of a website seamlessly.
Joomla uses a Model-View-Controller (MVC) Design Architecture. According to the MVC pattern, when Joomla first processes a request, it first processes the URL to find out which component will process the request. The model holds the data that is used by the component. It is also the Model that is responsible for updating the database when and where they are needed. The view is held accountable for giving out the output. It can make contact with the data model to get the needed information. After the view has given out the output, the component takes back the control to the Joomla framework which then carries out the Template.
Features Of Joomla
1. User Manager: Joomla allows you to manage user information such as permission to edit, access posts, publish, create or delete the user, also to change the password and languages. The main part of the user manager is its Authentication.
2. Content Manager: Joomla allows you to manage the content using its What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor to create or modify the content in a very simple and easily understandable way.
3. Banner Manager: Joomla has an inbuilt banner manager that is used to add or edit the banners on the website.
4. Template Manager: The template manager of Joomla manages the designs and looks of the website. The templates can be added without changing the structure of the content within a few seconds.
5. Media Manager: The Media manager of Joomla is the tool for managing the media files and folder with which you can easily upload, organize and include your media files into your article editor tool.
6. Contact Manager: The contact manager allows you to add contacts, and manage the existing contact information of the particular users.
7. Web Link Manager: The linked resource is given for the user of the site and can be grouped into different categories.
8. Search: The search functionality allows users to search for the appropriate information on the site. You can use Joomla's smart indexing, advanced search options, and auto-suggest searches to make searching on a Joomla's website the best
9. Menu Manager: The menu manager allows you to create menus and menu items and can be managed on its own. You can put a menu in any style that you want and in multiple locations.
10. RSS: RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication which helps your site contents to be automatically accessible over RSS readers.
Benefits and Advantages of Joomla
1. Joomla is an open-source platform and it is available to use for free.
2. Joomla is designed and built to be easy to install and set up even if you're not a pro user.
3. Since Joomla is very easy to use, as a web designer or developer, you can quickly build and manage sites for your clients. With lesser instructions to the clients, your clients can equally manage their sites on their own.
4. It is very easy to edit the content on your site, as it uses the WYSIWYG editor.
5. Joomla ensures the safety of data content and doesn't allow anyone to change or modify the data.
6. By default, Joomla is compatible and can work on all browsers.
7. The templates are very flexible to use.
8. Media files can be uploaded easily with the article editor tool.
9. Joomla provides an easy menu creation tool.
Why Study Joomla
1. Joomla lets you set up your website easily and very fast.
2. With knowledge of Joomla, you can take up several clients web projects and finish them up very fast.
3. Another reason to study Joomla is that it is very easy to learn even for a beginner.
4. Job opportunities and career advancement.
5. Self-employment opportunities and consultancy.
Joomla Course Outline
Joomla - Introduction
Joomla - Overview
Joomla - Installation
Joomla - Architecture
Joomla - Control Panel
Joomla - Toolbar
Joomla - Menus Menu
Joomla - Content Menu
Joomla - Components Menu
Joomla - Extensions Menu
Joomla - Help Menu
Joomla - Menus
Joomla - Modules
Joomla - Settings
Joomla - Debug
Joomla - Template Manager
Joomla - Customize Template
Joomla - Adding Template
Joomla - Creating Template
Joomla - Customize Logo
Joomla - Category Management
Joomla - Adding Content
Joomla - Formatting Content
Joomla - Article Metadata
Joomla - Adding Banners
Joomla - Adding Contacts
Joomla - Adding News Feed
Joomla - Adding Forum
Joomla - Adding Web Links
Joomla - Plugin Manager
Joomla - Extension Manager
Joomla - Website Backup
Joomla - Website SEO
Joomla - Video Lectures
Joomla - Exams And certification