Julia Programming Language Course And Certification
What is Julia Programming?
Julia Programming Language is a high-performance, high-level, dynamic computer programming language. While it is an all-purpose language and can be used to write any software application, most of its features are very well suited for numerical analysis and computational science.
The distinctive aspects of Julia's design include a data type system that has parametric polymorphism in a dynamic programming language; with several dispatch as its core programming paradigm. Julia offers support for parallel, concurrent, and distributed computing and for the direct calling of C and Fortran libraries without any glue code.
Julia is a garbage-collected language, makes use of eager evaluation, and it consists of efficient libraries for floating-point calculations, random number generation, linear algebra, and regular expression matching. Several libraries are available, which includes some that were formerly packaged with Julia and are now made separate.
Features and Benefits of Julia Programming Language
Julia is really good at carrying out scientific computing, but not restricted to doing just that, as it can also be used for web and all purpose programming tasks.
Some of Julia's features are mentioned as follows:
1. Julia is an expressive, modern, high-performance computer programming language that was designed for scientific computation and data manipulation.
2. It is designed and distributed for parallel computation.
3. Julia offers a well extensive library of mathematical functions that has great numerical accuracy.
4. While the Julia’s ecosystem is not as mature as C++, R or Python , the growth rate of the penetration of the language is doubling by the day.
5. The Pycall package gives Julia the ability to call Python functions from within its code and MATLAB packages using the MATLAB.jl package. Functions and libraries that are developed in C can also be called directly without any need for new APIs or wrappers.
6. Julia provides a powerful shell-like capabilities for managing other processes that are in the system.
7. Unlike other languages, user-defined types in Julia are well compact and are quite fast as built-ins.
8. Scientific computations makes great use of vectorized code to gain more performance benefits. Julia eliminates the need to vectorize code to attain any performance. Devectorized codes that are written in Julia can be as fast as the vectorized codes.
9. Julia has an elegant and well extensible conversions and promotions for both numeric and other types.
10. Julia is a free and open source language with an MIT license.
Why Study Julia Programming Language
There are many benefits of the studying Julia Programming language, and some of them are:
1. Gain extensive development skills with Julia.
2. Julia makes use of cooperative multitasking, lightweight green threading also refered to as tasks or coroutines, or one-shot continuations.
3. Julia has a very powerful type system. The conversions Julia provided by Julia Type systems are elegant and well extensible.
4. Julia has well efficient support for Unicode
5. Julia has several facilities for metaprogramming and for Lisp-like macros.
6. Julia has a built-in package manager known as Pkg.
7. Julia offers job opportunities and career advancement.
8. Enrich your CV and increase your earning potential.
Julia Programming Course Outline:
Julia Programming - Getting Started
Julia Programming - Variables
Julia Programming - Integers and Floating-Point Numbers
Julia Programming - Mathematical Operations and Elementary Functions
Julia Programming - Complex and Rational Numbers
Julia Programming - Strings
Julia Programming - Functions
Julia Programming - Control Flow
Julia Programming - Scope of Variables
Julia Programming - Types
Julia Programming - Methods
Julia Programming - Constructors
Julia Programming - Conversion and Promotion
Julia Programming - Interfaces
Julia Programming - Modules
Julia Programming - Documentation
Julia Programming - Metaprogramming
Julia Programming - Multi-dimensional Arrays
Julia Programming - Missing Values
Julia Programming - Networking and Streams
Julia Programming - Parallel Computing
Julia Programming - Asynchronous Programming
Julia Programming - Multi-Threading
Julia Programming - Multi-Processing and Distributed Computing
Julia Programming - Running External Programs
Julia Programming - Calling C and Fortran Code
Julia Programming - Handling Operating System Variation
Julia Programming - Environment Variables
Julia Programming - Embedding Julia
Julia Programming - Code Loading
Julia Programming - Profiling
Julia Programming - Stack Traces
Julia Programming - Performance Tips
Julia Programming - Workflow
Julia Programming - Style Guide
Julia Programming - Unicode Input
Julia Programming - Base
Julia Programming - Standard Library
Julia Programming - Developers Documentation
Julia Programming - Video Lectures
Julia Programming - Exams and Certification