Management Information System - MIS Course And Certification
What is MIS?
MIS is an abbreviation for Management Information System.
What is Management Information System?
MIS - Management Information System is defined as a computer-based coherent arrangement of information aiding the management function and decision making of an organization.
Management Information System is an important aspect of every business in that it provides business owners and managers with the necessary data needed for smart decision making that drives growth. MIS helps to keep background data, current data, and trend analysis so as to have ready information on all areas of the business. Every smart business owner or manager also uses MIS to get detailed data on the company environment and finances in order to improve business performance in both the short and long-term.
Components of Management Information System
1. Hardware: The hardware components include various input and output devices that help in transmitting data and displaying the information when needed. These input devices include the keyboard, scanners, and mouse. The output devices may be the monitor, printer, network devices, and so on.
2. Software: These are computer programs that are designed to do a specific task. for eg, MS Office, Banking Software’s, Railway’s applications, etc are different kinds of software available to process the data/information in an organization.
3. Procedures: These procedures may vary from one organization to another. They are sets of rules or guidelines that an organization establishes for the use of a computer-based information system. It may also vary from one department to another as per the requirement. For example, working in the production department is different from working in the sales department. The production department requires information regarding the raw material or quantity of goods to be produced. The department sets its procedures in such a way that the MIS system helps in retrieving the information required by the department.
4. People: These are the people who utilize MIS. They are computer professionals who operate MIS for data processing to achieve organizational goals like planning and decision-making.
Features of Management Information System
A Key part of a Management's responsibility is preparing forecasts for strategic planning and budgets. Management Information Systems can contain past data for fundamental business functions such as sales, production customer service, expenses and investments, information on revenue, etc.
Management Information Systems (MIS) is a business pillar field. Modern businesses can’t survive without using some sort of MIS to collect and manage massive amounts of data, and there are plenty of opportunities to study or work in the discipline.
Flexible: An MIS should allow you to analyze and evaluate data from multiple sources as needed and in multiple ways depending on your needs.
Easy to use: Managers shouldn't need advanced knowledge of information systems in order to get what they need. Using the MIS should not be time-intensive, and the reports it generates should not overload a manager with too much information.
Versatile: MIS should be able to support different skills and knowledge.
Collaborative: MIS should facilitate communication between managers and staff throughout a company.
MIS can be classified into two major sections: Classification by Characteristic and Classification by Application.
Under Classification by Characteristic, we have:
1. Strategic Information
2. Tactical Information
3. Operational Information
Under Classification by Application, we have:
1. Planning Information
2. Control Information
3. Knowledge Information
4. Organizational Information
5. Functional/Operational Information
6. Database Information
Advantages of Management Information System
1. It helps to manage data and flow of information
2. It improves data quality
3. MIS gives business owners the ability to collect, process and interpret data for growth
4. MIS helps you overcome performance challenges to derive better results.
5. It improves quality and effective decision making.
6. It reveals more data about customers, in order to improve customer satisfaction.
7. It helps in understanding and managing staff performance
8. There are plenty of job opportunities in the discipline
9. It helps to foresee and predict future occurrence for better business control
In the Full course, you will learn everything you need to know about the Management Information System. You will clearly understand how MIS works for business decision making, as well as management and growth. You will be a competent manager in any field with a Diploma Certification to showcase your knowledge and competence.
Management Information System Course Outline:
Management Information System - Basic Concepts
Management Information System - System Concepts
Management Information System - M.I.S and I.T
Management Information System - System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Management Information System - Development Process (MISDP)
Management Information System - Managing Data Resources
Management Information System - Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Management Information System - End User Computing (EUC)
Management Information System - Networks and Telecommunications
Management Information System - Transaction Processing System
Management Information System - Decision Support System
Management Information System - Operational Information Systems
Management Information System - Computer Security
Management Information System - Video Lectures
Management Information System - Exams and Certification