MS SQL Server Course, MS SQL Server Certificate, MS SQL Server Training, microsoft sql server database certifications, microsoft sql certification 70-461, sql server certification, sql server certification, sql certification online.
MS SQL Server is a relational database management system (RDBMS) that was developed and is managed by Microsoft. This product is developed for the basic function of storing and retrieving data as required by other software applications. It can be either run on the same computer or on another computer across a network.
MS SQL Server buffers pages in the computer RAM to minimize disk input and output. Any 8-kilobyte page can be buffered in the ram, and the group of all the pages that are currently buffered is referred to as the buffer cache. The amount of memory that is made available to the SQL Server decides how many pages will be cached in the memory. The buffer cache is handled and managed by the Buffer Manager. Either writing to or reading from any page copies the data to the buffer cache. Subsequent reads or writes are forwarded to the in-memory copy, rather than the version that is on-disc. The page is then updated on the storage medium by the Buffer Manager only if the in-memory cache has not been referenced for a while. While writing data on the pages back to disc, asynchronous input and output are used whereby the I/O operation is carried out in a background thread so that other operations do not have to wait for the input-output operation to be completed.
MS SQL Server allows several clients to make use of the same database concurrently. As such, it needs to manage and control the concurrent access to the shared data, to make sure of the data integrity when multiple clients update the same data, or when clients attempt to read the data that is in the process of being modified by another client. MS SQL Server presents developers with two ways of concurrency control which are optimistic concurrency and pessimistic concurrency. When pessimistic concurrency control is being used, SQL Server manages and controls the concurrent access by using locks. Locks can be either shared or used exclusively. Exclusive lock presents the users with exclusive access to the data, no other user can have access to the data as long as the lock is on. Shared locks are made used when some data is being read multiple users can read from data that is locked with a shared lock but not locked with an exclusive lock. The data that is held with an exclusive lock would have to wait for all the shared locks to be released.
The Microsoft SQL Server is made up of four primary components, they are:
1. Database Engine: This part of SQL Server actually creates and drives relational databases.
2. SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS): SSAS is the data-analysis component of SQL Server. It can create OLAP (OnLine Analytical Processing) cubes — sophisticated programming objects for organizing data inside a relational database — and do data mining.
3. SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS): SSRS is a component of SQL Server that provides reporting regardless of a database’s operating system.
4. SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS): SSIS is a component of SQL Server that does the Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) process that cleans up and formats raw data from source systems for inclusion in the database as ready-to-use information.
Below are some of the features of MS SQL Server
1. Highest performing data warehouses: MS SQL Server lets you get support for small data marts to large scale enterprise data warehouses while reducing the storage needs with enhanced data compression capabilities.
2. Security and compliance: MS SQL Server helps to secure data for workloads that are mission-critical with a layer of protection security approach, by always adding Always Encrypted technology together with row-level security, transparent data encryption (TDE), dynamic data masking, and robust auditing.
3. In-database advanced analytics: MS SQL Server lets you build intelligent applications with SQL Server Machine Learning Services by using Python and R.
4. Persistent Memory Devices: MS SQL Server provides support to Persistent Memory (PMEM) devices. SQL Server directly accesses the device, bypassing the storage stack of the operating system for the files placed on the PMEM device.
5. SQL Data Discovery And Classification: SQL Data discovery and classification is integrated into the SQL Server engine with new metadata. This ensures GDPR and other compliance needs for databases.
6. Encrypted With Secure Enclaves: A secure enclave extends client applications, data trust to the server-side. It secures the data from malware and privileged users.
7. UTF-8 Support: SQL Server 2019 provides support for UTF-8 character encoding. We can now create a char or varchar column to store UTF-8 data. This feature improves data compatibility and performance improvements.
8. Vulnerability Assessment: This provides easy to implement security compliance such as GDPR, track compliance of SQL Server instances and Azure SQL Database instances with recognized security best practices.
There are lots of benefits of MS SQL Server and some of them are:
1. The installation of MS SQL Server is streamlined.
2. The security features of MS SQL Server are better.
3. MS SQL Server has very enhanced performance.
4. The cost of ownership of MS SQL Server is lower.
1. Transferable Skills
2. Career Opportunities And Advancement
3. Increase Your Earning Potential
4. In-Demand Skill
MS SQL Server - Introduction/Overview
MS SQL Server – Editions
MS SQL Server – Installation
MS SQL Server – Architecture
MS SQL Server – Management Studio
MS SQL Server – Login Database
MS SQL Server - Create Database
MS SQL Server - Select Database
MS SQL Server - Drop Database
MS SQL Server - Creating Backups
MS SQL Server - Restoring Databases
MS SQL Server - Create Users
MS SQL Server - Assign Permissions
MS SQL Server - Monitor Database
MS SQL Server - Services
MS SQL Server - HA Technologies
MS SQL Server - Reporting Services
MS SQL Server - Execution Plans
MS SQL Server - Integration Services
MS SQL Server - Analysis Services
MS SQL Server - Video Lectures
MS SQL Server - Exams and Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!