Operating System Course And Certification
What is Operating System
Operating System is the Multi-functional Computing Environment Software that manages computer hardware and software resources together to provide common services for computer programs and applications.
Functions of Operating System:
The benefits and importance of operating system are numerous, some of which are:
1. OS offers Computer Programs and Applications Execution
2. OS serves as a platform for Application programs operations
3. OS manages the computer Input-Output unit
4. OS comes with consistent user interface
5. OS offers multitasking
6. It offers device management
7. It offers buffering
8. It offers Spooling (Simultaneous Peripheral Operation on Line)
9. It offers memory management
10. It offers partitioning
11. It offers virtual memory processing
12. File Management etc..
Types of Operating System includes:
The most popular operating systems are as follows:
1. Mac OS X.
4. Android (based on Linux)
Operating System Installation:
Installation of OS or Operating System is simply the setup of Operating System Environment on a Computer. Without the OS Environment, a computer remains in its BIOS state and has limited functions. It cannot offer the many software applications that we need to solve our daily personal and business problems, this is because these software applications rely solely on OS to function.
One of the various ways to start the installation of Operating System on a computer includes:
1. Put the OS installation CD/DVD into the Optical Drive after which the F Keys can be used, such as F12 or F11 to tell the laptop to boot from CD/DVD.
2. It is possible that some laptop default BIOS splash startup screen settings shows you briefly the F Key to press to boot from CD, if not, you can turn off the Computer and put it back on and then try a different F Key until you finally find the particular F Key that takes you to the Boot menu choice screen.
3. Alternatively, you can start the OS install by going into your BIOS Setup screen (usually pressing F2 key immediately laptop is switched on, or ESC Key where you can then choose to set the CD/DVD as the laptops first boot choice.
4. If Per-adventure you can not get the laptop to boot from the CD, a different CD/DVD or ROM can be used and if the situation persist then you will need to troubleshoot hardware connections or check cable connections.
Note: XP installation will be different from Windows 7 install. Windows XP has lesser or lower graphics compare to Windows 7 and will ask you more questions than Windows 7 will. In a Windows 7 install, you will start by choosing Custom installation.
5. Here, you will also need to choose what operating system you are installing (if using a multi install) CD, and you will choose what kernel the OS will run, whether you will be using a 32 Bit OS or a 64 Bit OS. A 64 bit OS is developed for today’s Dual Core CPUs processes and for Laptops with more than 3 Gigs of RAM.
6. If you find that you are installing the operating system and it seems to stop at about 80 to 90% and then Errors are put out and quits the installation, You will need to swap the installation OS CD with another one, as either the CD itself is corrupted and does not contain the needed install drivers to complete installation. After the installation CD/DVD is replaced, the installation should automatically continue from where it stops until it successfully reaches 100% and installation is complete.
In the Full Course, you will learn everything you need to know about Operating System to becoming a Competent Operating System Administrator with Diploma Certificate.
Operating System Course Outline:
Operating System - Introduction/Overview
Operating System - Types
Operating System - Services
Operating System - Properties
Operating System - Processes
Operating System - Process Scheduling
Operating System - Scheduling algorithms
Operating System - Multi-threading
Operating System - Memory Management
Operating System - Virtual Memory
Operating System - I/O Hardware
Operating System - I/O Software
Operating System - File System
Operating System - Security
Operating System - Linux
Operating System - Video Lectures
Operating System - Exams and Certification