OrientDB Course, OrientDB Certificate, OrientDB Training, orientdb tutorial, orientdb training, orientdb documentation.
OrientDB is an open-source NoSQL database management system that is developed with Java. It is a database that has a Multi-model and offers support for supporting graphs, object models, and document, key/value, but the relationships are handled as in graph databases with direct connections between the records. OrientDB offers support for schema-full, schema-less, and schema-mixed modes. It has a strong security profiling system that is based on users and roles and it has support for querying with Gremlin along with SQL extended for graph traversal.
OrientDB makes use of several indexing features and mechanisms that are based on B-tree and Extendible hashing, the last one is referred to as a "hash index", there are other plans to bring about an LSM-tree and Fractal tree index that is based on indexes. Each record in orient Db has a Surrogate key that is used to indicate the position of a record inside of an Array list, links that are between the records are stored either as a single value of record's or a position stored inside of the referrer or as B-tree of record positions (referred to as record IDs or RIDs) which allows for fast traversal (with O(1) complexity) of one-to-many relationships and for fast addition/removal of new links. OrientDB is was named the third most popular graph database according to the DB-Engines graph database ranking, as of September 2017.
The development of OrientDB still depends on an open-source community that is led by the OrientDB LTD company which was created by its original author Luca Garulli. The project makes use of GitHub to manage the sources, contributors and file versioning, it also uses Google Group and Stack Overflow to offer free support to global users. OrientDB also has a lot of free Udemy courses to aid those who are hoping to learn the basics and get started with using OrientDB.
Below are some of the features of Orient DB
1. Transactions: Supports ACID transactions as well as atomic operations, guaranteeing that all database transactions are processed reliably and in the event of a crash all pending documents are recovered and committed. Managing document databases is done with speed, with huge data included, it wouldn’t matter how much data needs to be worked on. Other database graph providers may slow down due to their computing technique when done for every single query, with OrientDB traversing speed is not affected, even if working with billions of records.
2. Query Language: Query language is built on SQL. Supports SQL queries with extensions to handle relationships without SQL join, manage trees, and graphs of connected documents.
3. Storage Engine: Uses the storage engine name LOCAL and PLOCAL.
4. Indexes: Supports three different indexing algorithms so that the user can achieve the best performance.
5. Security: Security features introduced in OrientDB 2.2 provide an extensible framework for adding external authenticators, password validation, LDAP import of database roles and users, advanced auditing capabilities, and Syslog support. OrientDB Enterprise Edition provides Kerberos (protocol) authentication full browser SPNEGO support. When it comes to database encryption, starting with version 2.2, OrientDB can encrypt records on disk. This prevents unauthorized users from accessing database content or even from bypassing OrientDB security.
6. Teleporter: Allows relational databases to be quickly imported into OrientDB in few simple steps.
7. Multi-model database: it supports different models like Document, Graph, Key/Value, and Real Object. OrientDB contains a separate API to support all these four models.
8. Graph database: Native management of graphs. Fully compliant with the Apache TinkerPop Gremlin (previously known as Blueprints) open-source graph computing framework.
9. Relationships: Embeds and connects documents like relational databases. It uses direct, super-fast links taken from the graph database world.
10. Fetch Plan: Easily returns a complete graph with interconnected documents.
11. Cloud Support: OrientDB can be deployed in the cloud and supports the following providers: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, CenturyLink Cloud, Jelastic, DigitalOcean.
1. Fast Operations: OrientDB has been designed and developed to deliver high performance. It supports fast read and writes processes. For writes, OrientDB can host up to 150,000 records per second. Its time-series software module can add 120,000 records each second while ensuring that the track of the time graph is synced for real-time analytics.
2. Single System for All Your Needs: It can be very expensive to change your current DBMS if you outgrow it. OrientDB is the solution as it takes down the need to invest in various applications for your purposes.
3. Drop-in Replacement: OrientDB supports a multi-master plus sharded architecture, which means that all the servers are master servers. This presents both reliability and horizontal scalability. The program can work on any platform without any installation and configuration. You can use it as a drop-in replacement for the common graph databases that are deployed today. The full server distribution is around two mega-byte not including the demo database.
4. Flexible and Robust Solution: OrientDB is very flexible and robust enough to be employed as an operational DBMS. It does not require a restart or downtime for its maintenance, and it makes use of the free space which is created by erased records while online.
5. Provides More Flexibility and Functionality: OrientDB is a leading NoSQL solution. It offers greater flexibility and functionality than its competitors and it is robust enough to be used in place of your operational DBMS.
1. Learn the differences between Relational and Graph models
2. Build flexible Graph and Document data models
3. Increase Your Earning Potential
4. Career Opportunities and Advancement
5. Job Opportunities and Career Advancement.
OrientDB - Home
OrientDB - Overview
OrientDB - Installation
OrientDB - Basic Concepts
OrientDB - Data Types
OrientDB - Console Modes
OrientDB - Config Database
OrientDB - Export Database
OrientDB - Import Database
OrientDB - Commit Database
OrientDB - Rollback Database
OrientDB - Optimize Database
OrientDB - Drop Database
OrientDB - Record Commands
OrientDB - Class Commands
OrientDB - Cluster Commands
OrientDB - Property Commands
OrientDB - Vertex Commands
OrientDB - Edge Commands
OrientDB - Advanced Concepts
OrientDB - Interfaces
OrientDB - Exams And Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!