Tags: PostgreSQL Course, PostgreSQL Certificate, PostgreSQL Training, postgresql course free, advanced postgresql course, postgresql certification cost, postgresql 11 associate certification.
PostgreSQL is an all-purpose and object-relational database management system, and it is the most advanced open-source database system. PostgreSQL was developed initially based on POSTGRES 4.2 at the Berkeley Computer Science department at the University of California.
PostgreSQL was designed and developed to run on UNIX-like systems. Nevertheless, PostgreSQL was then also developed to be portable so that it could work on several other platforms such as Solaris, Mac OS X, and Windows.
PostgreSQL is free and open-source computer software. Its source code is made available under the PostgreSQL License, which is a liberal and open-source license. You are free to use, modify and distribute PostgreSQL in any form that you feel.
PostgreSQL requires very little effort to maintain because of its stability. Therefore, if you build a software application that is based on PostgreSQL, the entire cost of ownership is very low when compared to other relational database management systems.
PostgreSQL is the first database management system that completely implements a multi-version concurrency control (MVCC) feature, even before Oracle. The MVCC feature in PostgreSQL is known as snapshot isolation in Oracle.
PostgreSQL is an all-purpose object-relational database management system. It lets you include custom functions that are developed with various programming languages such as Java, C/C++, etc.
PostgreSQL was developed to be modular and extensible. In PostgreSQL, you can define your own data types, functional languages, index types, etc. If you don’t like any part of the system, you can always develop a custom plugin to further enhance it to meet your requirements, for example, adding a new optimizer.
1. Extensions: With Postgres, we have access to lots of extensions that will enable new ways to process data right from the database. Using extensions like PostGIS, where you can implement geospatial joins and get exactly the data you need even when your problem requires being smart about the data location on a map. PostgreSQL supports different kinds of techniques for geographic data storage such as PostGIS, Key-Value Store, and DBLink.
2. Concurrency: Use Postgres to achieve concurrency in your database, it is versatile in terms of architecture (CRUD, System of Records, OLTP; and also OLAP, Analytics, Dashboards), and is powerful in terms of computation.
3. Licensing: Postgres is released as Open Source Software, There is no single entity behind Postgres, The project infrastructure is also contributed to in the Open Source way, and you can send a patch to the Postgres website. Either to fix a typo or for more serious work.
4. Function: SQL functions called ‘Stored Procedure’ can be used for a server environment. Also, we support languages similar to PL/SQL in Oracle such as PL/pgSQL, PL/Python, PL/Perl, C/C++, and PL/R.
5. Acid And Transportation: PostgreSQL supports ACID(Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, Durability).
6. Replication: PostgreSQL supports a variety of replication methods such as Streaming Replication, Slony-I, and cascading.
7. Indexing: PostgreSQL not only provides B+ tree index techniques, but various kinds of techniques such as GIN(Generalized Inverted Index), and GiST(Generalized Search Tree), etc as well.
8. Full-Text Search: Full-text search is available when searching for strings with the execution of vector operation and string search.
There are many features of PostgreSQL and some of them are:
1. PostgreSQL is compatible with several platforms by using all major middleware and languages.
2. PostgreSQL offers a very strong and sophisticated locking mechanism.
3. PostgreSQL Support for multi-version concurrency control.
4. PostgreSQL allows for a more Mature Server-Side Programming Functionality.
5. PostgreSQL is compliant with the ANSI SQL standard.
6. PostgreSQL offers full support for the client to server network architecture.
7. PostgreSQL has both a Log-based and trigger-based replication SSL feature.
8. PostgreSQL has a standby server and a high availability feature.
9. PostgreSQL is compatible with Object-oriented and ANSI-SQL2008.
10. PostgreSQL offers support for JSON and it allows you to link with other data stores like NoSQL which works as a federated hub for multilingual database systems.
There are many benefits of PostgreSQL and some of them are
1. PostgreSQL can be used to run dynamic websites and web apps as an option in the LAMP stack.
2. PostgreSQL's write-ahead logging feature makes it be a highly fault-tolerant database.
3. The source-code of PostgreSQL is made freely available under an open-source license. This allows you the freedom to modify, use, and implement it as per your business requirement.
4. PostgreSQL supports other geographic objects so you can use it for developing location-based services and geographic information systems.
5. PostgreSQL supports geographic objects so it can be used as a geospatial data store for location-based data services and geographic information systems
6. To learn Postgres, you don't need much training since PostgreSQL is very easy to use.
7. PostgreSQL has a low cost of maintenance for both embedded and enterprise use.
1. Be An Expert in Databases: Studying Postgres helps you increase your knowledge and skills in administering databases.
2. Entrepreneurship Opportunity and Consultancy
3. Job Opportunity and Career Advancement
4. Increase Your Earning Potential
5. Transferable Skill
6. It’s free, open and unlimited.
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology is a subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!