Power Electronics Course, Power Electronics Certificate, Power Electronics training, power electronics training, introduction to power electronics, coursera power electronics solutions, power electronics crash course, best courses for power electronics.
Power Electronics is defined as the implementation of solid-state electronics to the control, and conversion of electric power.
Power Electronics is the technology behind regular switching Power Supplies, Power Inverters, Power Converters, Motor Drives and Motor soft Key-starters.
Power Electronics Course is the study and implementation of switching electronic circuits to control and maintain the flow of Electrical energy.
The Capabilities and Economy of the Power Electronics System are gotten by the current devices that are available. Their features and limitations are a key element in the design of Power Electronics systems.
Power Electronic devices could be used as switches, or as amplifiers. An example switch is either open or closed and so gives out no power; it stops an applied voltage and passes no current around, or passes any amount of current with no voltage drop. Semiconductor devices that are being used as switches can sum up this ideal property and so most Power Electronic applications depend on switching devices on and off, which makes systems very efficient and durable as very little power is wasted in the switch. By contrast, in the case of an amplifier, the current through the device changes continuously according to a controlled input. The voltage and current at the device terminals go by a load line, and the power dissipation inside the device is large when compared with the power delivered to the load.
1. Capacitors: These have the capacity to store electric charges just as spring is able to store energy in the form of tension.
2. Inductors: Also known as Coils, they have inductance and oppose any change in electric current. Inductance is like inertia in a mechanical system, and the inductor is like a flywheel that opposes a change in rotational speed.
3. Resistors: These have a resistance that resists the flow of current and generates heat just as brakes have friction, resist motion, and generate heat.
4. Transformers: These are used to match the impedance of two portions of a circuit. This means that a transformer can reduce voltage and increase current or alternately increase voltage and decrease current while maintaining the same volt amp product on output as on the input.
5. Power semiconductors: The Diode passes electric current in one direction and blocks flow in the opposite direction. Silicon-Controlled Rectifier (SCR) or Thyristor, this is like a diode in that it will conduct current in the forward direction and block conduction in the reverse direction. The Transistor is also designed to conduct current in only one direction, two basic types of transistors are commonly used for high-power switching in modern induction heating power supplies.
Below are some of the Features and Characteristics of Power Electronic Devices
1. Electricity: Electricity is a kind of energy that can be carried around by wires and it is used for heating and lighting, and to provide power for machines. Power electronic devices cannot work without electricity applied to it.
2. Power Diodes: A Power diode has a P-I-N structure when it is compared to the signal diode that has a P-N structure. In this case, the I (in P-I-N) stands for the intrinsic semiconductor layer to bear the high-level reverse voltage when compared to the signal diode. However, the major disadvantage of this intrinsic layer is that it adds a noticeable resistance during the forward-biased condition. Thus, power diode requires a good cooling arrangement for handling large power distribution. Power diodes are being used in numerous applications which include key starter, rectifier, voltage clamper, voltage multiplier and etc.
3. Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistor (MOSFET): A MOSFET is a voltage-controlled majority carrier three-terminal device. When compared to the simple lateral channel MOSFET for low-power signals, power MOSFET has a different structure. It has a vertical channel structure where the source and the drain are on the opposite side of the silicon wafer. This opposite placement of the source and the drain increases the capability of the power MOSFET to handle larger power.
4. Power Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT): A bipolar junction transistor is a kind of transistor that makes use of both electrons and holes as charge carriers.
Below are some of the advantages of Power Electronic Devices:
1. They have a high-efficiency rate which is due to low loss in power semiconductor devices.
2. High reliability of power electronic converter system.
3. Power Electronic Devices has a Long life and less maintenance due to the absence of moving parts.
4. Flexibility in operation
5. Fast dynamic response compared to the electromechanical converter system.
6. Small size and less weight, thus low installation cost.
1. You gain knowledge of fundamentals of power electronics.
2. You learn how to develop electronic devices that have long life and less maintenance.
3. You learn how to develop electronic devices that has high reliability.
4. Job opportunities and career advancement.
Power Electronics - Introduction
Power Electronics - Switching Devices
Power Electronics - TRIAC
Power Electronics - BJT
Power Electronics - IGBT
Power Electronics - Pulse Converters
Power Electronics - Dual Converters
Power Electronics - Choppers
Power Electronics - Control Methods
Power Electronics - Types of Inverters
Power Electronics - Cycloconverters
Power Electronics - Matrix Converters
Power Electronics - Video Lectures
Power Electronics - Exams And Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!