Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) Course And Certification
What is Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)?
A Programmable Logic Controller sometimes abbreviated to as a PLC or a Programmable Logic Controller is an industrial digital computer that has been tested and tried and fully adapted for the control of manufacturing processes, such as robotic devices or assembly lines, or any activity that requires high-reliability control and ease of programming and process fault study and diagnostics.
Programmable Logic Controllers were first developed in the automobile manufacturing industry to support more resilient, ruggedized and efficient programmable controllers to be used to replace hard-wired timers, relays, and sequencers. Since then, they have been broadly adopted as high-reliability automation controllers that are suitable for harsh environments.
A Programmable Logic Controller is an example of a real-time system since the output that is produced must be in response to the input conditions within a limited amount of time, with which an otherwise operation will result.
Programmable Logic Containers can range from small and modular devices that have tens of inputs and outputs (I/O), with a processor in a housing integral, to a large rack-mounted modular device that has a count of thousands of I/O, and which are mostly networked to other SCADA and PLC systems.
Features of Programmable Logic Controllers?
There are many features of Programmable Logic Controllers and some of them are:
1. Application programming: Soft Programmable Logic Controllers support loadable functions that are developed by users who are developers in C, C++ or Java. They also support online run mode program modifications, different documentation modes of programs, and I/O forcing. Soft Programmable Logic Controllers are developed with at least 6 different types of programming languages to make sure that they provide a wide range of online development, troubleshooting, and documentation features as well as to run converted or imported programs.
2. Capacity: Soft Programmable Logic Controllers systems have the ability to regulate over 16K I/O which is made up of digital, analog and specialty I/O. You can add up to 16 different I/O systems on a single soft Programmable Logic Controller regulator; it can have up to 36 COM ports that are linked to serial devices for ASCII communications and 32 user-configurable data points and networks as main communication mediums that allow data access from several computer PLCs or software applications. Also, soft Programmable Logic Controllers can hold large application programs and 100 million data table elements.
3. Hardware and operations: A soft Programmable Logic Controller works as an embedded 32-bit multi-tasking OS kernel that carries out its duties in real-time on different computer CPUs, including the x86 compatible CPU system platforms. It is independent of hardware busses like ISA, PC/104, VME, and PCI. It works under a more minimal hardware requirement, which makes sure of high reliability at very low costs.
Benefits of Programmable Logic Controllers
There are lots of benefits of Programmable Logic Controllers and some of them are;
1. It allows for the ease of development in the manufacturing firm.
2. It has High reliability and minimal maintenance feature.
3. Programmable Logic Controllers have a smaller physical size.
4. PLC has the ability to communicate directly with computer systems in the manufacturing firm.
5. PLCs have a moderate to low initial investment cost.
6. PLCs are made available in modular designs.
7. Job opportunities and career advancement.
8. Enrich your CV and increase your earning potential.
Programmable Logic Controllers Course Outline:
PLC - Introduction
PLC - Input-output Devices
PLC - Digital Systems
PLC - I/O Processing
PLC - Ladder and Functional Block Programming
PLC - IL, SFC and ST Programming Methods
PLC - Internal Relays
PLC - Jump and Call
PLC - Timers
PLC - Counters
PLC - Shift Registers
PLC - Data Handling
PLC - Designing Programs
PLC - Programs
PLC - Video Lectures
PLC - Exams and Certification