SAP BW Course And Certification
What is SAP BW?
SAP BW is the acronym for SAP Business Warehouse
SAP BW is a model-driven data warehousing software product that is based on the SAP ABAP systems. It accepts, modifies and stores the generated data in both SAP and non-SAP software applications and it makes the data easily accessible by means of its in-built business intelligence, reporting, and analytics tools, as well as using other third-party software’s.
SAP BW is also a software development platform that software developers make use of to produce and edit warehouses of data, carry out data management tasks, produce reports and develop data analytics software. Business users of SAP BW typically access the software through an application that is built by a developer, such as an executive dashboard on an admin panel, or through a mobile app.
Unlike other data warehousing software products that are based directly on a database platform, SAP BW allows developers to define the data warehouse objects as data sources, and data stores and queries, which then instantiates and runs in different ways depending on the specific platform it runs on, as well as other limitations.
In the past, SAP BW was developed to offer online analytical processing (OLAP) that runs on top of the SAP transactional system R/3, which was developed to be used for online transaction processing (OLTP). SAP BW was initially focused almost completely on getting data out of SAP systems and producing reports on that data, but later, it quickly added other extra capabilities and features. With its version 3, it became a feature-rich data warehousing system used for data collection, the transformation of data, as a storage medium for both flat and relational cube models, and as a flexible database query system together with a set of data reporting and business intelligence tools under the public name Business Explorer. With the release of the SAP HANA in-memory database system, SAP developed a series of versions of the BW software based on SAP HANA.
Features of SAP BW
1. Administrator Workbench: is a comprehensive SAP transaction that functions only in connection with a locally-installed SAP GUI for Windows. With this installed you do not have to login again if you want to display SAP GUI for Windows transactions in a Web browser window. You can generate the Administrator Workbench in the Portal Content Studio as SAP Transaction iView. The most important properties are System, Transaction (TCODE) and GuiType: The System property contains the alias on the BW system. The Transaction for the Administrator Workbench is RSA1.
2. BEx Analyzer: In order to use the BEx Analyzer, you have to have the SAP GUI for Windows with the BW Front end installed locally. It is an Excel add-in with extensive OLAP functionality in connection with a BW system. You can generate the BEx Analyzer in the Portal Content Studio as SAP Transaction iView. The most important properties are System, Transaction (TCODE) and GuiType.
3. BEx Web Application Designer: The enterprise portal runs on the web, it is a windows application. The Windows application BEx Web Application Designer is called from the Windows start menu. You can generate the BEx Web Application Designer from the Portal Content Studio as URL iView.
4. Bex Query Designer: The BEx Query Designer is a Windows application. The Windows application BEx Query Designer is called from the Windows start menu. As an alternative to the BEx Query Designer, in a Web environment such as the Enterprise Portal, you can use the Ad-hoc Query Designer to create or change queries. You can insert the Ad-hoc Query Designer into a Web application and integrate it using the role upload, for example, or as an iView into the Enterprise Portal.
5. BEx Browser: The BEx Browser behaves like the BEx Web Application Designer or the BEx Query Designer. Using this browser in a company-wide Enterprise Portal is not necessary because the basic functionality of the BEx Browser is covered in the Enterprise Portal.
Benefits of SAP BW
There are many benefits of the SAP BW Software systems and some of them are:
1. SAP BW offers a high return on investment at approximately 10.57 dollars for each dollar that was invested in it especially when bundled together with mobility.
2. Cross-Application Visibility into Business Process Performance. SAP BW lets you share your business info across multiple entities to create a higher visibility
3. SAP BW offers business a permanent data storage as opposed to regular transactional data that disappears soon after its generation.
4. SAP BW offers improved Customer Service Levels.
5. Increased Capacity Utilization Rates
6. Simplified modeling and administration: SAP BW Speeds up the requests for change and reduces its implementation time, while also taking down the time spent on development, with very understandable modeling and administration features.
7. Integration with SAP and non-SAP applications: SAP BW lets you connect to SAP and non-SAP software applications and data sources to cut down the costs for data integration Data extraction, data transformation, and load processes and infrastructures that are on-premise.
8. Improved user experience: SAP BW offers improved user productivity to businesses and it reduces shadow analytics while increasing the Software adoption by users.
Why Study SAP BW
1. It helps to improve the quality of your customer service.
2. It allows you to connect together other sap business suite products to reduce the cost of enterprise software.
3. It brings about a more satisfactory user experience.
4. Job opportunity and career advancement.
SAP BW Course Outline
SAP BW - Introduction
SAP BW - Overview of SAP BI
SAP BW - Data Warehousing
SAP BW - Data Flow
SAP BW - Transformation
SAP BW - InfoArea, Object & Catalog
SAP BW - DataStore Objects & Types
SAP BW - Write Optimized DSO
SAP BW - Infoset
SAP BW - InfoCube
SAP BW - Virtual InfoProvider
SAP BW - MultiProvider
SAP BW - Flat File Data Transfer
SAP BW - DB Connect
SAP BW - Universal Data Connect
SAP BW - Process Chain
SAP BW - Reporting
SAP BW - Video Lectures
SAP BW - Exams and Certification