SAP IDT Course And Certification
What is SAP IDT?
SAP IDT - SAP Information Design Tool is an SAP Business Objects metadata design environment that extracts, defines, manipulate, and modify metadata from both relational and OLAP sources to generate and deploy SAP Business Objects universes.
SAP IDT is a Business Objects design tool that extracts the data from several other data sources by using an OLAP and Relational connection to design and develop Universes. There are several other Universe parameters that can be transferred at the time of Universe creation. A Universe is referred to as a logical collection of dimensions and objects that lets business users analyze and modify the business data. Various objects and dimensions represent different measures, hierarchies, custom calculations, and attributes.
The universe can be developed on the top of a relational database like Oracle, SQL Server, or also on top of an InfoCube in SAP Business Warehouse (BW) system. Different types of connections can be assigned to these data sources like personal connection, shared connection, and a public connection. An SQL or MDX statement is produced according to the data source respectively, both Relational and an OLAP. A Universe that is is developed using an IDT can be used with different reporting tools in the Business Objects. This course teaches you about the key concepts of the SAP Information Design Tool (SAP IDT).
Features and Benefits of SAP IDT
There are many features of SAP IDT and some of them are as follows
1. Project: A Project is a local view or workspace where you keep track of the resources that are used to develop one or more Universes. A project is used to work with the local objects, which are used for Universe creation. A single project can be made up of objects of one or multiple Universe. A local project can be made up of multiple numbers of objects like business foundation, data foundation layer, and data source connection, etc.
2. Data Foundation: The data Foundation layer allows you to import data tables and join them from different relational databases. All the data that are joined together are imported and you can also define your own derived tables, additional joins, custom calculations, contexts and, prompts.
3. Relational and OLAP Connection: A connection is made use of to define how the data is extracted from a relational or an OLAP data source. A Universe constantly makes use of at least one data connection to extract the data. You can also create a multisource that extracts data from one or more sources of data by using multiple connections. A connection can be stored locally with .cnx file and all Universes that are created on the top of local connections can’t be published to the SAP Business Object repository. To publish a Universe to a repository, you should make use of a secured central connection with a .cns file.
4. Business Layer: In the Business layer, you can determine measures and dimensions. You can also implement several Aggregations like Count, Sum, Avg, Min, Max.
Different Components in IDT while Designing a Universe
An OLAP or a Relational connection to a data source
1. Extracting the tables and joins from a Relational database or an OLAP cube.
2. Building a data foundation from extracted tables and joins.
3. Creating metadata objects from the data foundation layer and these objects are managed in the Business layer.
4. Using Universe parameters and to share the resources in the Universe.
5. Publishing a Universe which includes a Business layer, Data Foundation and a Universe connection to a database
Why Study SAP IDT
There are many reasons to study SAP IDT and some of them are
1. SAP IDT presents SAP users with a nearly endless scalability platform.
2. SAP IDT has a very robust set of features.
3. SAP IDT has a very broad and versatile Integration.
4. SAP IDT has solid administrative and data governances features.
5. Gain necessary skills to becoming SAP Professional.
6. Increase your earning potential.
7. Jobs opportunities and career advancement.
SAP IDT Course Outline
SAP IDT – Introduction
SAP IDT – Overview & User Interface
SAP IDT – Resources
SAP IDT – Creating Universe
SAP IDT – .unv Universe Introduction
SAP IDT – Projects
SAP IDT – Managing Connections
SAP IDT – Data Foundation Layer
SAP IDT – Building Data Foundation
SAP IDT – Qualifiers & Owners
SAP IDT – Joins In Data Foundation
SAP IDT – Business Layer
SAP IDT – Business Layer Properties
SAP IDT – Folders In Business Layer
SAP IDT – Business Layer View
SAP IDT – Publishing
SAP IDT – Security
SAP IDT – Format Editor Overview
SAP IDT - Video Lectures
SAP IDT - Exams And Certification