SAP MM Course And Certification
What is SAP MM?
SAP MM - SAP Materials Management is a module that is in the SAP ERP Central Component (ECC) used to provide companies and manufacturers with materials, inventory systems together with other warehouse management features.
The primary goal of the SAP MM module is to ensure sure that production materials are always kept in fitting quantities and that there are no shortages or gaps in the organization's supply chain. It also helps supply chain professionals in the organization and other SAP users to finish up the process of goods purchasing in a timely, orderly and cost-effective way and to be able to handle and manage operational changes in these processes.
SAP MM's functions include material management, master data management (material and vendor master), procurement process management, inventory management, material requirements planning and invoice verification.
All of these submodules of SAP MM have functions that carry out business-specific processes for those modules. These are carried out through transactions, which are the method that SAP ECC makes use of to complete business processes. SP MM also supports other functions for logistics that need various information on materials, such as project management and plant maintenance.
In some companies, SAP MM is also charged with the acquisition of production materials by organizing and managing a base fro supply. In other companies, the acquisition and management of the supply base is the sole responsibility of a separate purchasing department. The purchasing department is then accountable for the acquired price variances from the supply base.
Features of SAP MM
There are many features of an SAP MM system and some of them are as follows:
1. SAP MM is one of the modules of the SAP enterprise system that deals with material management and inventory management.
2. Material Management as a process makes sure that there is no shortage of materials or any gaps in the supply chain process of an organization or manufacturing firm. SAP MM further speeds up acquisition and material management activities, therefore, making the business to run smoothly with absolute time and cost-efficiency.
3. SAP MM deals with managing the materials i.e, products and/or services together with other resources of an organization with the goal of quickening and hastening productivity and reducing the costs of production. At the same time, SAP MM is very versatile in supporting various changes that are regular in any business environment.
4. SAP MM involves itself with the Process of Procurement, Account Determination & Valuation of Material, Master Data (Material & Vendor Master), Invoice Verification, Inventory Management, Material Requirement Planning, etc.
Benefits of SAP MM
There are many benefits of SAP MM and some of them are:
1. SAP MM reduces the cost of materials by avoiding keeping stock of materials that are not necessary or obsolete.
2. With SAP MM, inventory losses are lessened.
3. With SAP MM, the cost of direct labor costs are reduced and labor can be used very well and efficiently.
4. The time to complete the manufacturing cycle times are reduced and can be controlled effectively.
5. SAP MM presents you with an effective inventory management system and it reduces the unnecessary expenditure on unwanted storage of material.
6. SAP MM improves the time of delivery and increases transparency across the organization.
SAP MM Business Process
SAP MM is the short form for the SAP Material Management system. The following are roles of SAP MM in a business process:
1. In SAP a business process is called a “module”.
2. SAP MM is a part of logistics functions and it helps in managing the procurement activities of an organization.
3. It supports all aspects of material management (planning, control, etc.).
4. It is the foundation of logistics that joins together modules such as Sales and Distribution, Production Planning, Plant Maintenance, Project Systems, and even Warehouse Management.
Career Opportunities in SAP MM
An increasing number of companies are bringing up the need for SAP MM professionals. If you are in the look for career opportunities that are available in this field, they are large, and some of them are listed below.
1. Gain necessary skills to becoming SAP professional.
2. You get a lot of job opportunities with SAP MM skills.
3. You can become SAP MM Specialist in an organization.
4. After taking this certification course of the SAP MM module, you'll become an SAP professional.
5. You can become a Management Consultant.
6. You can become an Advisory Consultant.
7. You can become the Manager of a business, whether it's your personal business or an organization.
8. You can become an SAP MM Application Consultant for an organization.
9. You can become a Team Leader in an organization and be responsible for managing the production planning.
10. You can become a senior SAP MM professional commanding high pay.
SAP MM Course Outline
SAP MM - Introduction/Overview
SAP MM - Introduction to Master Data
SAP MM - How to create Material master data
SAP MM - How to Change Material Master
SAP MM - How to Copy Material Master
SAP MM - Purchasing
SAP MM - Pricing
SAP MM - Inventory Management
SAP MM - Mass Creation of Material Master
SAP MM - Material Master Views
SAP MM - Video Lectures
SAP MM - Exams And Certification