SAP PS Course And Certification
What is SAP PS?
SAP PS is an integrated project management tool developed by SAP for planning and managing projects. It handles the full cycle of planning and execution of projects.
SAP PS which is the acronym for SAP Project System is an organizational project management software tool that is installed with other features and components of the SAP ERP (SAP Enterprise Resource Planning) System. This tool is a functional module that is on-premise, or it is simply a component of the SAP ERP system that allows users to forward funds and resources directly to the areas where they are needed and to control each stage of the project to guarantee punctual delivery and to remain within budget. It can manage both small and large scale organizational projects.
In a business scenario, everything is seen as project. Projects are usually difficult, unique and they involve high risks. The organizing and managing of a project efficiently come from ensuring the availability of the right information when they are needed as well as implementing automated data processing to manage the project.
SAP PS helps organizations with planning, establishing and to collects project costs and revenues through structures (WBS). The important functionality of the SAP PS module is to manage all individual stages of the project very efficiently from the planning stage to the completion stage.
The SAP Project System module is completely combined with other SAP R/3 modules such as SAP SD (Sales & Distribution), SAP PP (Production Planning), SAP HCM (Human Capital Management), SAP PM (Plant Maintenance), SAP FICO (Financial Accounting), SAP MM (Material Management), SAP IM (Investment Management), and with various other SAP R/3 applications.
The combination of SAP PS with other software modules lets you plan and execute all the tasks that are associated with a project. Through this integration, the SAP PS module can now access the data from the various departments that are involved in a project and provides consistent real-time data.
Project Structure in SAP can be specified either manually or based on templates. You can also create Project structures by using sales documents automatically from the module.
Features of SAP PS
There are lots of features of SAP PS and some of them are:
1. Work: This defines the internal work that is carried out by your own labor. This will make use of a Work Center and activity type to find out the cost.
2. External: This defines the external work that is carried out by contractors that are outside the company. This will require both vendor, outline agreement(this can be optional) and the cost element. The price is managed manually.
3. Costs: This defines the auxiliary costs. This will use a cost element and the cost is entered directly.
4. Service: Thus defines work and services by using a service master.
5. Material Component: This specifies the activity that requires a Material to be allocated to, and where demand will be entered in.
Advantages of SAP PS:
There are lots of benefits of SAP PS and some of them are:
1. SAP PS helps the user to manage the project life cycle starting from structuring to planning, execution, until project completion.
2. SAP PS helps to manage and support all of the SAP projects in any organization.
3. Supports planning, scheduling, collecting and organizing of revenue and expenditure over a project period.
4. Closely integrated with other SAP modules like logistics, material management, sales and distribution, plant maintenance and production planning module.
5. SAP PS enables organization to manage all SAP projects in both large and small scale projects efficiently.
6. Easy integrations with other systems.
7. Monitoring of cash flow.
8. Embedded standardized tasks.
9. High level of data integrity.
10. Complies with many corporate security policies.
11. Billing process and fulfillment of several accounting requirements.
12. Reporting of project performance including the ability to get down to the lowest level of transactions.
13. Real-time integration of enterprise transactions related to resources, costs, and materials.
Advantages of Studying SAP PS:
Some of the advantages of studying SAP PS are:
1. It enables students to understand that SAP PS is one of the modules of ERP SAP system that easily integrates with other modules enabling projects to be executed effectively.
2. It equips students with the knowledge of executing projects effectively and efficiently with appropriate timing and within established budget.
3. It allows participants or students know that SAP PS optimises the business processes from project planning through to carrying out the project progress analysis.
4. With the knowledge of SAP PS, one can plan, carry out (or execute) and control projects in a target-oriented manner.
5. It enable students to be able to structure projects per point of view either by structures (using WBS) or by process (using individual activities or work packages).
6. For career advancement and better job opportunity.
SAP PS Study:
Some of the things you will learn in this course include:
SAP PS being a key module in ERP SAP used to perform projects and potfolio management; which also helps in managing projects life cycle from inception to planning, execution and down to project completion and commissioning.
You will learn that SAP PS is closely integrated with other SAP modules such as logistics, materials management, production planning, etc and enables organizations to manage all SAP projects both large and small scale efficiently.
You will learn the responsibilities of a project manager using SAP PS in terms of ensuring project's execution within budget and time schedule, and also to ensure resource allocation to the project as per requirements.
The importance of defining project goals clearly before its initiation, integration between SAP project systems with SAP ERP R/3 application modules to allow design, planning and execution of projects as part of the normal project procedures.
You will learn projects classification as per budget, also as per processes such as using WBS and individual activities as per work packages.
Other areas covered are project system process flow (i.e the key steps involved) such as:
1. Creating template,
2. Project plans,
4. Implementation and
You will learn SAP PS integration with ERP modules such as finance and controlling modules, production planning, other R/3 modules, organization structure and elements, creation of business area used to differentiate transactions that comes from different line of business in a company and its benefits, including how to create new business area.
How to create a controlling area which define an organization structure and cost accounting. The concept of SAP PS controlling area currency, object currency, transaction currency, characteristics of a project in SAP PS, defining and maintenance.
How to define key milestones and documents that allow users to monitor the progress of project and how to create, edit and delete currencies, profile, access control, cost component, budget management, revenue and earnings once a project is created.
In the Full course, you will learn everything you need to know about SAP PS with Certification of Completion to showcase your knowledge.
SAP PS Course Outline:
SAP PS - Introduction/Overview
SAP PS - Integration with ERP Modules
SAP PS - Organization Structure Elements
SAP PS - Currencies
SAP PS - What is a Project?
SAP PS - Defining Special Characters
SAP PS - Status Profile
SAP PS - Selection Profile
SAP PS - Project Profile
SAP PS - Settlement Profile
SAP PS - Network Profile
SAP PS - Network Type
SAP PS - Person Responsible for Work Center
SAP PS - Maintain Activity Control Key
SAP PS - Access Control List
SAP PS - Cost Component
SAP PS - Execution Service Profile
SAP PS - Budget Management
SAP PS - Number Ranges for Budgeting
SAP PS - Revenues and Earnings
SAP PS - WBS Scheduling Parameters
SAP PS - Material
SAP PS - Versions
SAP PS - Project Information System
SAP PS - Consultant Responsibilities
SAP PS - Exams and Certification