SAP QM Course And Certification
What is SAP QM?
SAP QM which is the acronym for SAP Quality Management is a major part of the SAP R/3 system integrated into other modules of SAP like Production Planning (PP), SAP Material Management (MM), and SAP Plant Maintenance (PM).
SAP QM is an indivisible part of the SAP logistics management of an organization and it is used to carry out quality functions such as quality assurance, quality planning, and quality control, at several stages such as at the incoming material stage, in-process manufacturing process stage, and after the production as well.
SAP QM (Quality Management) is a functional part of various key business processes of SAP such as production, procurement, sales, material management, etc. SAP Quality management is very important to the warehouse, inspecting materials that are incoming as it reaches the facility and for manufacturing operations, where the quality of the in-process items are checked during the process of manufacturing and the finished goods are inspected before they reach the warehouse for storage.
SAP Quality Management is fully combined with the purchasing and the Inventory Management process. It is made up of receiving inspection on which the material is received against the order of purchase. The inspection lot is triggered if the material is flagged down for quality check.
Quality results are then entered against the master inspection features. Whether the results are within or without the tolerance limits, based on that usage, the decision is taken.
The quality planning function allows your organizational quality department to plan for the inspections for goods receipts from various vendors, production, stock transfers and work in process. A quality notification can be used to demand that action is exercised by the quality department.
Features of SAP QM
There are many features of SAP QM, and some of them are:
1. SAP QM has basic data of an organization, for example, catalogs, material master, inspection characteristics, inspection methods, and sampling procedures.
2. SAP QM allows for inspection planning such as reference operation sets, inspection plans, material specifications.
3. SAP QM is used in the procurement of materials for production.
4. SAP QM is used in the Sales and Distribution process.
5. SAP QM is used in inspection lot processing for inspection lot creation and completion of inspection lot.
6. SAP QM is used in recording results.
7. SAP QM is used in recording defects.
8. SAP QM is used in sample management.
9. SAP QM is used to develop a quality Information System.
10. SAP QM is used in the dynamic modification of the inspection scope.
11. SAP QM is used to generate quality certificates.
12. SAP QM is used to generate notifications of Quality.
13. SAP QM is used to test the management of equipment.
Benefits of Studying SAP QM
SAP QM provides a lot of benefits for anyone studying it at various levels, for example through:
1. Quality integration with acquisition and production process and therefore more control over the process.
2. Planning support by using the inspection plans.
3. Monitoring of both the supplier and customer complaints by performing various corrective tasks in the SAP QM quality notifications.
4. The automation of certificates of quality that are printed during the sales delivery to the customers.
5. Learning SAP QM provides job opportunities and career advancement.
Components of SAP QM
1. Quality Planning: includes data for quality planning and how the quality process has to be performed? You perform a Quality inspection plan. It also determines the characteristics of an item to be inspected and what equipment is required to perform an inspection.
2. Quality Assurance: includes quality inspection. A Quality inspection involves someone from the quality department inspecting an item as per the defined points in the inspection plan. In the SAP system, you can create an Inspection lot either manually by a user or automatically in the system.
3. Quality Control: Under Quality Control, you have quality notifications, standard reports, and Quality notification system. Quality control determines what actions need to be taken after defects are detected.
4. Standard Reports: You can generate reports in a QM system to verify the number of times a product has been identified with a defect and improvement areas that your company has to implement. There are a number of reports that can be generated in QM.
5. Material Defects Report: It can be used to check the number of times an item has been identified with a defect status.
6. Vendor Defect Report: This report is used to show the number of defected material supplied by a vendor. A quality department can highlight vendors who have supplied material that is failing in inspection.
7. Customer Defect Report: This report is used to show the defects that were found on inspections for outbound deliveries. This helps the organization to improve the quality of goods delivered and hence raise customer satisfaction.
SAP QM Course Outline
SAP QM - Introduction
SAP QM - Overview
SAP QM - Components
SAP QM - Integration
SAP QM - Master Data
SAP QM - Inspection Methods
SAP QM - Sampling
SAP QM - Inspection Plan
SAP QM - Quality Info Records
SAP QM - Lot Inspection
SAP QM - Result Recording
SAP QM - Usage Decision
SAP QM - Listing Inspection Lot
SAP QM - In-Process Inspection
SAP QM - Final Inspection
SAP QM - Defects Recording
SAP QM - Quality Notification
SAP QM - Benefits
SAP QM - Tables
SAP QM - Video Lectures
SAP QM - Exams And Certification