SAP Security Course And Certification
What is SAP Security:
SAP Security is a component of SAP designed to protect SAP Systems and Critical Information from Unauthorized Access in a Distributed Environment while accessing the system locally or remotely.
Advantages of SAP Security:
Some of the advantages of SAP Security include:
1. Improved Information Security.
2. Reduces Fraud/Risk.
3. Transparency in the design.
4. Makes you compliant with regulatory and compliance requirements.
5. It offers Single Sign On.
Advantages of Studying SAP Security
Some of the advantages of studying SAP Security include:
1. Since SAP is the number one (1) provider of business solutions towards enhanced task and data management in organizations, SAP security knowledge becomes very essential in the field of information security.
2. SAP security studies helps students gain knowledge and expertise in software and programs that run them along with SAP modules. Thus, help in building a strong technical support for organizations.
3. Studying SAP security also give the students and work force the skills and confidence needed to maximize the power of their SAP solutions, and ultimately boost software and technology proficiency across organizations.
4. It introduces students to the distributed nature of SAP environment and the need to protect critical information and data from unauthorized access.
5. It also equip students with good understanding of user access profiles, password policies, data encyption, etc used in all SAP systems.
SAP Security Concepts:
The SAP Security Concepts are as follows:
1. STAD Data
2. SAP Cryptographic library
3. Internet Transaction Server (ITS) Security
4. Network Basics (SAPRouter, Firewalls and DMZ, Network Ports)
5. Web-AS Security (Load Balancing, SSL, Enterprise Portal Security)
6. Single Sign-On
7. AIS (Audit Information System)
Implementation of SAP Security:
The Implementation of SAP Security are as follows:
1. Align your SAP configuration settings with the policies of your organization
2. Provide access to generic accounts
3. Allocate wide access profiles
4. There has to be a support and access to the entire team
5. Segregation of duties and responsibilities in the organization
6. Providing for emergency procedures and highly privileged account access
7. Enable User access as well as housekeeping reviews
8. Change the management procedures if required
9. Provide access to functions that are considered to be sensitive
10. Allow for an ownership of the security processes of a business
SAP Security Study:
Some of the things you will learn in this course include:
The distributed nature of SAP environment which necessitates protection of critical information and data from unauthorized access, human errors, incorrect access.
The need to maintain and review profile policies and system security policies within organization's SAP environment.
Ways of making SAP system secure such as having good understanding of user access profiles, password policies, regularly checking SAP system landscape and monitoring all the changes that are made in configurations and access profiles.
The standard super users which should be well protected, and also user profile parameters and values which should be set carefully to meet the system security requirements.
The need to understand the network topology and services while communicating over a network; this should be reviewed and enabled after considerable checks. Also, data over the network should be well protected using privatekeys.
The security mechanisms to be applied in systems to protect SAP environment from any unauthorized access such as user authentication and management, profile parameters and password policies, unsusscessful logons protections etc.
Network Topology in SAP systems, SAP network services, ways of securing private keys such as hardware and software solutions, how to protect standard users and SAP system super users, protecting early watch, how to change password of a standard user, unauthorizing logons protection using various security parameters etc.
In the Full course you will learn everything you need to know about SAP Security with Certification of Completion to showcase your knowledge.
SAP Security Course Outline:
SAP Security - Introduction/Overview
SAP Security - User Authentication & Management
SAP Security - Network Communication Security
SAP Security - Protecting Standard Users
SAP Security - Un-authorizing Logons Protections
SAP Security - System Authorization Concept
SAP Security - Unix Platform
SAP Security - Windows Platform
SAP Security - Databases
SAP Security - User Authentication & Single SignOn
SAP Security - Logon Tickets
SAP Security - Video Lectures
SAP Security - Exams and Certification