SAP SOLMAN Course And Certification
What is SAP SOLMAN?
SAP Solution Manager shortened to SAP SOLMAN is a central support and system management software tool that is presented to SAP's customers as part of their license agreement. As with any SAP system landscape that may come with a large number of installed SAP and non-SAP systems, SAP SOLMAN is designed to take down and centralize the management of these software systems as well as end-to-end business processes.
SAP Solution Manager satisfies the complete application lifecycle of SAP's customer solutions that are employed on-premise, hybrid or in the cloud. The more-recent, modern and intelligent IT management platform greatly empowers IT organizations for the future of business. With this, extremely integrated software solution SAP customers can implement, run, maintain and adopt all their enterprise solutions even in non-SAP software while presenting support for business continuity, business innovation, and efficient operations.
The SAP SOLMAN provides various functionalities to users like methodologies, integrated content, various tools, etc. to perform, monitor, operate, and support an enterprise’s SAP solution. SAP solution manager handles the SAP and Non-SAP solutions in the IT aspects of an organization. It supports the fundamental IT infrastructure and business processes. It is a very powerful software tool for SAP Basis administrators.
In an SAP customer's landscape, SAP SOLMAN is the managing system, and the various business suite software applications, for example, SAP ERP, SAP CRM, SAP BI, SAP EP, are the managed systems. Integrated systems that are NON-SAP products in the landscape can also be satisfied over the solution life-cycle. The managed customer landscape can be made up of either on-premise, cloud, or a mixture of both. Business processes can also be documented during the whole solution lifecycle, therefore, making the platform a very important business platform as well as an IT platform.
Why Study SAP SOLMAN?
1. Solution Implementation: Solution implementation becomes more efficient with process-driven Blueprint, Configuration, testing and control over cross-components. It serves a central repository to store project documentation and issues. It accelerates the system implementations by engaging in the configuration of information and process orientation, configuration, and final preparation.
2. Solution Monitoring: It helps you prevent unexpected downtimes or critical situations and allow you to respond quickly. It allows monitoring of systems both SAP/non-SAP, business processes, interfaces, and System connectivity. Administration gets easier with Proactive monitoring and Automatic notifications.
3. Automated Customizing Synchronization: SAP Solution Manager automatically distributes the preferences across mySAP Components in a simultaneous and centralized fashion. This way SAP Solution manager keeps the IT environment consistent. Using SAP Solution Manager, the administration of customized parameters will be leveraged which eventually reduces costs on inconsistency checks and the risk of making mistakes.
4. Testing: SAP Solution Manager allows centralized storage of materials and results with a single access point to the system, which supports further test processes.
5. Support Desk: It helps you to handle incidents more efficiently by means of Central management of support messages, import SAP Notes, and Interface to SAP Support. It also favors support cost estimation.
6. Service Level Reporting and Central Performance History (CPH): CPH maintains performance values centrally using the central monitoring system (CEN) for analysis at a later period. The information regarding service level gives an overview of all the systems and provides a consolidated report that contains all the information to make strategic decisions in the IT environment of your company.
7. Global Development & Roll-out: SAP Solution Manager facilitates implementation and changes in a simpler fashion with a set of functionalities. Solution Implementation, Central User Administration (CUA), Change Request Management (ChaRM), Support Desk will ease the standardization and harmonization of process global roll-outs across multiple instances, sites, and branches.
8. Job Opportunities and Career Advancement.
Features of SAP SOLMAN
There are lots of features of SAP SOLMAN and some of them are:
1. SAP Engagement and Service Delivery.
2. Requirements Management.
3. Project Management.
4. Process Management
5. Test Suite.
6. Change Control Management.
7. IT Service Management.
8. Application Operations.
9. SAP Business Process Operations
Benefits of SAP SOLMAN
There are lots of benefits and advantages of using SAP SOLMAN and some of them are
1. Lowering Cost: SAP Solution Manager helps you make the most out of various SAP’s support services therefore drastically taking down your total cost of ownership of the SAP system.
2. Automated Alerts: With SAP SOLMAN, There is no need to manually seek out errors in the system as the team would be notified instantly of any issues or errors automatically.
3. Improved patch and upgrade management: With SAP SOLMAN, you would be using just one system to manage patch updates and synchronization across your systems.
4. Automated configuration tracking: The fully maintained knowledge repository provided by SAP SOLMAN allows users to keep track of all the changes in the configuration files.
5. Centralized Management: SAP SOLMAN acts as a central point of control for the whole solution landscape and as a centralized management tool for the multi-component projects.
6. Reduces Administration Effort: SAP SOLMAN does real-time monitoring of interfaces, systems, and business process which reduces administration effort.
7. Easy Integration: SAP SOLMAN integrates with various IT landscapes that include both SAP and non-SAP software applications.
8. Faster ROI: SAP SOLMAN further hastens implementation and continuous improvement. The availability and the implementation of best practice documents, roadmaps, and SAP solution management services help to speed up and accelerate the project.
SAP SOLMAN Course Outline
SAP Solman - Introduction/Overview
SAP Solman - Features
SAP Solman - Work Center
SAP Solman - Work Center Structure
SAP Solman - Implementation
SAP Solman - Infrastructure
SAP Solman - Operations
SAP Solman - Template Mngmt
SAP Solman - Test Management
SAP Solman - IT Task Management
SAP Solman - Incident Management
SAP Solman - Service Desk
SAP Solman - Upgrade Project
SAP Solman - Root Cause Analysis
SAP Solman - Reporting
SAP Solman - Video Lectures
SAP Solman - Exams and Certification