Selenium Course And Certification
What is Selenium?
Selenium is a portable web framework that is used for testing web applications. Selenium produces a playback tool for authoring functional tests of web applications without the need to learn a test scripting language (Selenium IDE).
Selenium also provides a test domain-specific language known as Selenese to be used to write tests in a number of popular programming languages, which include Groovy, C#, Java, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, and Scala. The tests can then operate against most modern web browsers. Selenium runs on Linux, Windows, and macOS.
Selenium is a totally free (open source) automated testing suite for testing web applications across various browsers and platforms. It is very similar to HP Quick Test Pro (QTP now UFT) just that Selenium focuses on automating web-based applications. Testing done using the Selenium tool is usually called Selenium Testing.
Components of Selenium
Selenium is not just an individual tool but a collection of software, each responsible for different testing processes of an organization. It has four components.
1. Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
2. Selenium Remote Control (RC)
4. Selenium Grid
History of Selenium
Features of Selenium
There are many features of Selenium, and some of them are;
2. Initializing the Selenium server is not required.
3. Selenium supports testing iPhone and Android also.
4. Selenium WebDriver finds any co-ordinates of any object.
5. With Selenium WebDriver, is very easy for a WebDriver to build a keyword-driven web framework.
6. Selenium makes use of native automation techniques.
Benefits of Selenium
There are many benefits of Selenium web testing framework and some of them are:
1. Open-Source: The biggest strength of Selenium is that it is a portable and freeware tool. It has no upfront direct costs attached to it. The tool can be downloaded freely and support for it is made freely available, as it is a community-based software.
3. Supports Operating Systems: Selenium can work and operate across several Operating Systems (OS) like Mac, Linux, Windows, UNIX, etc. With the Selenium Suite of software solutions, a tailored testing software suite can be designed and developed over any platform and then run on another one. For example, you can develop test cases using Windows OS and run it without any problem on a Linux based system.
4. Support across browsers: Selenium offers support across several browsers, namely, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox, Safari, etc. This becomes highly resourceful while running tests and testing it across various browsers at the same time.
5. Support for programming language and framework: Selenium works very well with various programming languages and frameworks. For example, it can work with Maven or ANT type of framework for the compilation of source code.
6. Tests across devices: Selenium Test Automation can be used for developing Mobile web application automation on Android, Blackberry and iPhone. This can help in producing the necessary results and address issues on a regular basis.
7. Reusability and Add-ons: The Selenium Test Automation Framework makes use of scripts that can be directly tested across several browsers. Concurrently, it is very to run multiple application tests with Selenium, as it comprises of almost all the aspects of functional testing by implementing various add-on tools that widen the scope of the testing framework.
8. Job Opportunity: Learning to use Selenium and its software suite will provide Job opportunities for you as a test automation engineer.
Here are a few points about Selenium WebDriver:
1. WebDriver is a very cool web automation framework that lets you run your tests against different browsers, not just Firefox, Chrome (unlike Selenium IDE).
2. WebDriver also enables you to use a programming language in creating your test scripts (not possible in Selenium IDE).
3. You can now use conditional operations like if-then-else or switch-case. You can also perform looping like do-while.
The following are programming languages that are supported by WebDriver
Why Study Selenium?
1. Selenium is an open-source and free application testing tool.
2. Another benefit that you get with Selenium is that it doesn't require any special OS, browser or hardware to operate.
3. Selenium has Multiple Programming Language Support.
4. Selenium has both Parallel & Distributed Testing.
5. Selenium is very Flexible While Designing Test Cases.
6. Job Opportunities and Career Advancement
7. Self-employment opportunities and Consultancy
Selenium Course Outline
Selenium - Introduction
Selenium - Overview
Selenium - IDE
Selenium - Environment Setup
Selenium - Remote Control
Selenium - Selenese Commands
Selenium - WebDriver
Selenium - Locators
Selenium - User Interactions
Selenium - Test Design Techniques
Selenium - TestNG
Selenium - Grid
Selenium - Video Lectures
Selenium - Exams and Certification