SEO - Search Engine Optimization Course And Certification
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the activity of increasing the quality and quantity of a website's online presence and traffic by enhancing the visibility and reach of the website to users who make use of web search engines.
SEO also refers to the refinement of unpaid results (also referred to as "natural" or "organic" results) and excludes direct traffic/visitors and the purchase of paid placement.
SEO might target different kinds of searches, which include text search, image search, video search, news search, academic search and industry-specific vertical search engines.
Optimizing a website could include editing the content on the website, adding content to it, and editing the HTML and the associated coding to increase both its relevance to specific keywords and remove the barriers to the indexing activities of Search Engines. Promoting a site by increasing the number of backlinks to the site, or inbound links, is another method that is employed in Search Engine Optimization.
As a major part of an Internet Marketing strategy, SEO tries to understand how search engines work, the computer-programmed algorithms that guide the Search Engine behavior, what people search for in the search engines, the actual terms the users search for or the keywords typed into search engines, and which Search Engines are preferred and mostly used by their targeted audience. SEO is performed because a website will get more visitors from a search engine, the higher the website ranks in the search engine results page (SERP), the higher the website traffic. These visitors can now then be converted into customers.
Features and Characteristics of SEO:
SEO has a lot to do with website content, below are some of the features and characteristics of SEO:
1. Quality: The individual most important Characteristic of an SEO-ready content is Quality or better, high quality. Do not listen to anyone who tells you that keyword density or anything else is the most important thing to pay attention to. A good keyword density helps but the quality is what matters most. Not only does Google has the ability to recognize quality content, but quality content works because other people would want to read your article.
2. Readability: Readability is used to refer to how easy your Content is to read judging on the writing style. There are actually very complex and hard to understand algorithms that Google uses to get the readability of a page based on different scales and scientific methods (indexes and formulas that were designed way before Google).
3. Keyword Density: While keyword density isn’t the most important, it’s something you need to consider. First of all, don’t just write your content with a high keyword density in mind, or it will sound unnatural. Google is out on the lookout for keyword stuffing.
4. Originality: If your content is not original, all of your SEO efforts are just a waste of time. If you re-use articles over and over again on your website, or if you just copy someone else’s content, your website may be penalized for duplicate content. If your content is not original, Google wouldn't see why they should show your site to searchers over any other site, and just copying material doesn’t prove your site’s uniqueness.
5. Good Grammar: If you haven’t carefully edited your articles for any misspellings and grammatical errors, it definitely isn’t SEO-ready. Google will find and detect misspellings and grammatical errors. If you have a lot of errors, Google will believe that your site isn’t that good. You want a website without errors, and that includes errors in your writing. Google doesn’t expect you to be perfect, but it will penalize you if your site is riddled with page errors such as poor grammar and spelling. Not only that, also if people often have a difficult time reading (or want to read) content with errors, you will be penalized with low relevance.
Benefits Of SEO:
Below are some of the benefits of Search Engine Optimization:
1. SEO Brings about Better User Experience.
2. SEO is generally a Primary Source of Leads for internet businesses.
3. SEO Brings about a Higher Conversion Rate.
4. SEO Promotes Better Cost Management.
5. SEO Builds Brand Credibility.
6. SEO Helps to Establish Brand Awareness.
7. SEO Can Be a Long-Term Marketing Strategy.
8. SEO Helps You Gain Market Share.
Why Study SEO
1. SEO Improves Your Website Visibility.
2. SEO Takes You Ahead of the Competition.
3. Increases Your Earning Potential.
4. Job Opportunities and Career Advancement.
In The Full Course, you will learn everything you need to know about SEO - Search Engine Optimization with Diploma Certificate to showcase your knowledge and competence.
SEO Course Outline:
SEO - What is SEO?
SEO - Tactics & Methods
SEO - Web Site Domain
SEO - Relevant Filenames
SEO - Design & Layout
SEO - Optimized Keywords
SEO - Optimized Metatags
SEO - Title Optimization
SEO - Optimized Anchor
SEO - Content is the King
SEO - Verifying Web Site
SEO - Hiring an Expert
SEO - Link Building
SEO - Mobile SEO Techniques
SEO - Misc Techniques
SEO - Video Lectures
SEO - Exams and Certification