Social Media Course And Certification
What is Social Media?
Social Media is defined as the computer-based, interactive technologies that help in the creation and dissemination of information, findings, ideas, different career interests, and other kinds of ideas through virtual communities and networks that are provided by the internet.
Social Media is the collection of online communications channels that are based on community-based input, interaction, content-sharing and collaboration. Websites and applications that are dedicated to forums, social networking, microblogging, social bookmarking, social curation, and wiki's are among the many types of Social Media that we have.
Social Media is becoming a fundamental part of our life online as social websites and applications are taking over everywhere. Most traditional online Media platforms have social components, such as a field for users' comments. In business, Social Media is used to market products, connect to current customers, promote brands and grow new business.
Features of Social Media
There are many features of Social Media and some of them are explained below:
1. Unlike the traditional media where the readers or viewers of an article are passive, that is to say, they only receive, they don't have a way to voice out there own feedback or view on a particular topic. Social Media network creates a virtual room where the customers as well as the potential customers are actively involved and for exchanging information, sharing personal experiences, giving out their view and opinion that are based on their understanding as well as experience. This means that the markets are able to communicate with the customer in ‘real-time’ and benefit from direct communication. The Organization actually gets to hear to the consumer and get more insight into the customer’s view of the brand as well as the product itself.
2. The second most important feature that Social Media networks possess is that it spread across lots of channels and medium when compared to the limited channels that regular print and news media work with. Social Media network works with several tools which include audio, video, text, audio pods, and private forums, SMS, chatting, public discussion boards emails as well as blogging, etc.
3. Thirdly, the Social Media network is a constantly changing, flexible medium with dynamic contents and tools that keep developing all the time. As the members keep giving inputs and the accumulated wisdom of the group results in change and up-to-date of the content as well as the facts that it creates demand for more tools to be made available.
4. Also, Social Media network requires a different kind of participation from the marketers. not like the conventional media where the marketers run campaigns and customer-based advertisements that are aimed at a particular group or audience, Social Media network helps the participants to direct the discussion and the marketers are expected to do more of listening than directing the discussion. Marketers have got to approach the proposed customers in an erratic fashion by helping to grow good public opinion and then indirectly direct them towards taking an interest in their product.
5. Social Media network is growing at a very fast pace and in line with our presently faster-changing technology tools that are being made publicly available. Marketers have got no option but to follow up with the media, understand how things work with the users and make sure they are present. Not being actively present in the Social Media networks in the current times is currently not an option for marketing companies.
Benefits Of Social Media
There are next to an infinite list of benefits and advantages of Social Media to the general public and to business, here is an exhaustive list of some of them:
1. Social Media Enhances and Speeds up Learning and Networking
2. Social Media creates brand awareness
3. With Social Media you Experience Global Exposure
4. Social Media Boosts Brand reputation
5. Social Media Creates Employment Opportunities
6. Using Social Media for business marketing is usually cost-effective
7. Social Media Increases website traffic and brand awareness.