Solar Energy Systems Course And Certification
What is Solar Energy Systems?
Solar Energy Systems also referred to as Alternative Energy Systems are the basic components and mechanisms required to produce electricity directly from the sun.
Solar Energy is the most abundant source of energy that is available here on Earth. It can be captured and used in different ways, and as a renewable source of energy. It's an important part of our clean energy future. The sun does more functions for our planet than just being a light source during the daytime, each particle of sunlight knon as a Photon that reaches Earth contains energy that fuels our planet.
Solar Energy is the ultimate source responsible for all of our weather system changes and the energy sources on Earth, and enough solar radiation hits the surface of the planet every hour to theoretically fill our global energy needs year in, year out.
Where does all of this energy come from? Our sun, just like any star in the galaxy, is like a massive nuclear reactor. Deep down in the Sun’s core, nuclear fusion reactions happen to generate massive amounts of energy that radiates outward from the Sun’s surface and into the space in the form of heat and light.
Solar Power can be harnessed and converted to usable energy by using photovoltaics or solar thermal collectors. Although solar energy only accounts for just a small amount of overall global energy use, the dwindling cost of installing solar panels means that more and more people in several places can take advantage of solar energy.
Features of Solar Energy Systems
There are many features of Solar Energy, some of them are:
- Low Maintenance: Solar energy panels and devices comes with low cost maintenance.
- Energy Security: It serves as alternative source of power, ensuring energy security.
- Off the Grid Power Supply: Reduces the loads off grid systems.
- Durability: Has a lasting life-span.
Benefits of Solar Energy Systems
1. Renewable Energy Source: Of all the benefits of solar panels, the most important thing about it is that solar energy is a truly a renewable energy source. It can be harnessed in all the areas of the world and it is available every day.
2. Reduces Electricity Bills: Since you would be attaining some of your energy needs with the electricity your solar system has generated, your energy bills would drop. How much you'll save on your electricity bills would be dependent on the size of your solar system system.
3. Diverse Applications: Solar energy can be used for different purposes. You can generate electricity (photovoltaics) or heat (solar thermal). Solar energy can be used to produce electricity in the areas that are without access to the energy grid, to distil water in regions that have limited clean water supplies and to power satellites that are in space.
4. Low Maintenance Costs: Solar energy systems generally do not require a lot of maintenance. You would only need to keep them relatively clean, so cleaning them a couple of times per year would do the job.
Why Study Solar Energy Systems:
1. Gain knowledge and skills in solar energy systems.
2. Job opportunities and career advancement in renewable energy industry.
3. Enrich your CV and increase your earning potential.
4. Self employment opportunity.
Solar Energy Systems Course Outline:
Solar Energy Systems - Introduction
Solar Energy Systems - Status and prospects of PV technology
Solar Energy Systems - The working principle of a solar cell
Solar Energy Systems - Electrodynamic basics
Solar Energy Systems - Solar radiation
Solar Energy Systems - Basic semiconductor physics
Solar Energy Systems - Generation and recombination of electron-hole pairs
Solar Energy Systems - Semiconductor junctions
Solar Energy Systems - Solar cell parameters and equivalent circuit
Solar Energy Systems - Losses and efficiency limits
Solar Energy Systems - A short history of solar cells
Solar Energy Systems - Crystalline silicon solar cells
Solar Energy Systems - Thin-film solar cells
Solar Energy Systems - A closer look to some processes
Solar Energy Systems - PV modules
Solar Energy Systems - Third generation concepts
Solar Energy Systems - Introduction to PV systems
Solar Energy Systems - Location issues
Solar Energy Systems - Components of a PV system
Solar Energy Systems - PV system design
Solar Energy Systems - PV system economics and ecology
Solar Energy Systems - Solar thermal energy
Solar Energy Systems - Solar fuels
Solar Energy Systems - Solar panel installation
Solar Energy Systems - Video Lectures
Solar Energy Systems - Exams and Certification