Telecom Billing Course And Certification
What is Telecom Billing?
Telecom Billing is a process of collecting usage, summing it up, applying the required charges and finally producing invoices for the customers. The Telecom Billing process also involves receiving and recording payments from customers.
Sending voice, picture, data, fax, etc, from one location to the other with the aid of electronic media is referred to as telecommunication and in short form, 'Telecom'. Examples include Phones, Television. radio and the Internet. The medium of transmission involves copper wires, Ethernet(wireless), Fiber Optics, microwave, Radio towers, Satellite, etc.
There could be very difficult scenarios of charging, which might be very hard to handle manually. There are some state-of-the-art Billing Systems available in the software market that can efficiently handle billing tasks, and provide you with lots of flexibilities to help providers offer their services with different price structures.
Billing Systems are often viewed as accounts receivable, as the Billing System aids in the collection (receipt) of money from your customers. Billing Systems are also one of the major parts of accounts that are essential for inter-carrier settlements, as customers mostly use services from other companies such as wireless roaming, long-distance, and call completion through other networks.
Billing Systems are the pillar of any telecom operator. If a Telecom operator does not have a strong Billing System, then it might not be possible for them to serve out their products and services with very attractive promotions and deals and eventually they can not stand in today's aggressive and dynamic market.
This course would give you a complete understanding of Telecom Billing.
Why Study Telecom Billing Systems?
1. Telecommunications And Business: Telecommunications and business functions are intertwined in today’s world. Primarily the reason why most companies deploy efficient telecom billing software to improve everyday business operations. Telecom Billing software plays an important role in the management of costs and expenses. The efficiency of telecom billing solutions is in expense management. It can incorporate functions that are custom-made to incorporate the unique requirements of your business.
2. Telecommunications And Wireless Phone Industry: These are at the core of financial solutions in the wireless phone industry. The software also creates bills that are made available to customers. The incorporation of various modules into a single program helps a company manage all its monetary resources. These solutions help in keeping track of the overall time use of a customer, this makes it possible to only bill customers per usage.
3. Eliminates errors: Billing errors arise due to bad communication or inconsistent information. In addition, using different programs for financial activities leads to more errors. One important advantage of telecom billing solutions is their ability to reduce or eliminate the recurring errors that occur in billing.
4. Integrating Financial Operations: Unifying different billing modules within a single software helps in ensuring communication between those modules. This not only leads to more accurate billing but also reduces the chance of errors in the first place. Integrating different financial operations into a single program imparts homogeneity to the process.
5. Customer Retention: This often drives the most efficient business strategies. A contemporary telecom company does everything possible to improve its image in the eyes of its customers.
6. Accountability: Telecom companies need to be particular about their billing requirements. This is to account for every byte of information flowing across the network because of changes in the telecom industry, need for manpower, and multiple service providers.
7. Job Opportunities and Career Advancement
Features Of Telecom Billing Systems
Telecom Billing has a lot of features and some of them are:
1. Rating and billing: This involves rating the products or the usage of the services and bringing out bills monthly.
2. Payment processing: This involves sending the customer's payments into the customer's personal account.
3. Credit control and collections: This involves following up with the outstanding payments and taking necessary actions to collect the payments.
4. Disputes and adjustments: This involves recording the customer's disagreement against their bills and creating an adjustment to refund their disputed amount to settle the issues.
5. Pre-pay and post-pay services: This involves supporting both the pre-paid and the post-paid customer at the same time.
6. Multilingual and multiple currencies: Multilingual and multiple currencies support would be needed if the business area spans across the globe and have international customers from different geographical areas, or else if the government regulations demand it.
7. Inter-carrier settlements: This involves the sharing of revenue across the carriers that provide services to each separate's customers.
8. Products & Services: This involves providing a flexible and easy way to maintain and manage the various products and services and sell them individually or in packages.
9. Discount applications: This involves assigning various discount schemes to retain customers and attract new customers to the system.
Benefits of Telecom Billing
There are lots of benefits and advantages of using a Telecom billing software and some of them are:
1. A Telecom Billing Software helps in Minimizing the numbers of errors that are related to billing.
2. With a Telecom Billing Software, you have an edge over competitors.
3. A telecom Billing Software enables you to Screen duplicate records.
4. Availability of itemized bill
5. Bill cycles
6. E-billing process
7. Easy tariff changes
8. Easy Budgeting.
9. It Support for management decisions
Telecom Billing Course Outline
Telecom Billing - Introduction
Telecom Billing - System Architecture
Telecom Billing - Products & Services
Telecom Billing - Tariff Planning
Telecom Billing - Usage Capturing
Telecom Billing - Rating Processes
Telecom Billing - Processes
Telecom Billing - Discount Application
Telecom Billing - Invoice Generation
Telecom Billing - Credit Control
Telecom Billing - Collection Process
Telecom Billing - Payment Processing
Telecom Billing - Disputes & Adjustments
Telecom Billing - Reports Generation
Telecom Billing - Pre-Paid vs Post-Paid
Telecom Billing - Retail Billing
Telecom Billing - Interconnect Billing
Telecom Billing - Roaming Billing
Telecom Billing - MVNO Billing
Telecom Billing - Convergent Billing
Telecom Billing - Support & Maintenance
Telecom Billing - System Interfaces
Telecom Billing - Video Lectures
Telecom Billing - Exams and Certification