How to Appear Offline on Discord
Discord is a widely used chat application that enables you to communicate with your friends while gaming. Users can use this app to create their own customized server or chat groups to discuss their favorite games or topics with friends. Occasionally, however, a large number of users wish to remain silent on their Discord server but do not wish to miss critical messages or calls. They wish to make Discord invisible in this situation. How do I log out of Discord? Let us begin our exploration.
What Are Discord's Status Types?
One of Discord's primary advantages is that it allows users to set a variety of statuses, whereas other chat apps such as Skype and WhatsApp limit users to appearing online or offline. On Discord, there are five primary status types:
- Online: When you open Discord, this is the default status mode. A green dot will appear next to your avatar when you are online. This status indicates to others that you are available to communicate, interact, and contribute to Discord.
- Do Not Disturb (DnD): This status indicates to others that you are not available for conversation and should not be disturbed. It is a manual setting represented by a red circle beside your avatar. All Discord-related desktop notifications will also be muted automatically while in this state.
- Custom: It enables you to configure a custom display message for each of the preceding four status types, as well as to configure the Custom status for a specific period based on certain conditions.
- Invisible: This is a Discord status that allows you to appear offline but remain logged in. In other words, you can continue to use all Discord features, such as messaging and chatting, but the Discord will appear offline to your friends and other server members.
- Idle: It notifies other users that you have been away from your keyboard for an extended period of time (AFK). When you are in the Idle state, a yellow dot next to your avatar will be activated. Additionally, Discord lets you manually set an Idle state for an indefinite period of time.
How to Make Your Discord Account Appear to be Offline
You can set Discord invisible if you want to appear offline but still receive your messages or updates. Here's how to go offline on the desktop or mobile app version of Discord.
On a Mobile App:
1. On your phone, open the Discord app and tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner.
2. In the bottom right corner of the screen, tap on your Avatar icon.
3. Tap Set Status > Invisible in the pop-up window.
On a Desktop App
1. On your computer, launch the Discord application.
2. In the bottom left corner, click on your Avatar icon (Profile picture).
3. From the pop-up menu, select Invisible.
SIIT Courses and Certification
Of IT Professional Courses
& Technical Certification Courses Online
Also Online IT Certification Courses
& Online Technical Certificate Programs