How To Use Bluetooth Headphones With An Amazon Fire TV Stick
How To Pair Bluetooth Headphones With Your Fire Stick
Here's how to listen to your Fire TV Stick content with your headphones to avoid disturbing others.
Worried about bothering other people with the loud volume of streamed content on your Fire TV Stick? To fix this, you can send the audio to your Bluetooth headphones instead.
As long as your device is Bluetooth-enabled, you can connect and use it with your Fire Stick. We'll show you how to set up Bluetooth headphones with an Amazon Fire TV Stick.
The Fire Stick offers a straightforward method to help you connect your audio devices:
Put your headphones in pairing mode. How you do this will depend on the device. For example, if you have AirPods, press and hold down the only button on the AirPods case.
- Open Settings on your Fire Stick.
- Access the Remotes & Bluetooth Devices option.
- Select Other Bluetooth Devices.
- Select the Add Bluetooth Devices option to connect a device to your Fire Stick.
- Highlight your headphones when they appear and press the Select button on your Fire Stick remote.
Your Bluetooth headphones should now be paired.
How To Control The Volume On Your Bluetooth Headphones
The Fire Stick doesn't offer the option to control volume levels for your Bluetooth devices.
If your headphones have their own volume controls, you don't need to read this section. However, if you have something like AirPods that have no dedicated volume control buttons, you will need to install and use an app on your Fire Stick to adjust the volume levels.
You can do that following the steps below:
- Install the free Precise Volume app by sideloading it on your Fire Stick.
- Press and hold the Home button on your remote and select Apps.
- Select the Precise Volume app to launch it.
- You can now use the Media Volume slider to adjust the volume levels for your headphones.
Make Controlling The Volume Easier With A Cursor
Precise Volume works well enough to control the volume for your Bluetooth devices. However, the slider isn't very easy to work with. One way to deal with this is to install a cursor app on your Fire Stick:
- Sideload the Mouse Toggle app onto your Fire Stick.
- Launch the app once it's installed.
- Enable the options labeled Enable the mouse service and Auto start the mouse service on device start-up.
- Open the Precise Volume app and double-press the Play button on your remote to bring up the cursor.
How To Disconnect Or Unpair Bluetooth Headphones From A Fire Stick
If you want to return the audio back to your default audio system, you can disconnect your Bluetooth headphones from your Fire Stick. On the same menu, it's easy to unpair the headphones if you don't want to use them with your Fire Stick anymore:
- Head into Settings from the main Fire Stick screen.
- Select the Remotes & Bluetooth Devices option.
- Choose Other Bluetooth Devices.
- You'll see your headphones listed on your screen. Highlight them using your remote and press the Select button to disconnect your headphones.
- If you want to unpair the devices, hit the Menu button on your remote instead and confirm your action.
Watch Fire Stick Content Without Disturbing Others
Having the Fire Stick support Bluetooth for audio is super convenient as you can enjoy your content without disturbing others. It's also handy if your headphones are higher-quality than your TV's speakers.
Similarly, if you don't like the default remote, you can get an alternative Fire Stick remote and use it to watch and control your content.