Computer Programming Course And Certification
What is Computer Programming?
Computer Programming is the organized method and process of designing and building computer programs and applications to solve problems or to accomplish a specific computing task.
Programming have existed as far back as 1206 AD. Machine code was the early language of computer programs, as at then it was written in binary notations. Assembly language was later developed that allows programmer specify instruction in a text format.
The first standard computing program was introduced in 1843, when a mathematician named Ada Lovelace developed an algorithm to solve a sequence of Bernoulli numbers using Charles Babbage's Analytical Engine.
Advantages of Computer Programming:
1. It enhances effective communication between the computer and the programmer.
2. It extend the work of a computer to function according to programmer's algorithm.
3. It is used to build softwares and applications used in various fields and sectors such medicals, agriculture, accounting, management etc.
4. It is used to build both desktop, web and mobile applications.
5. It serves as source of self-employment.
6. It provides lots of job opportunities globally.
7. It provides applications that makes life easier.
8. It is widely used for complex mathematical calculations
9. It enhances business operations and growth.
10. Computer programs have increased our socialization via the use of web and mobile applications for chats, business e.t.c
11. Computer programs help us simplify our work, save much time and increase productivity at work places.
Computer Programming Tasks:
Computer programming tasks generally involves these major steps:
1. Analysis of Problem and Solution,
2. Generating Algorithms for the Solution,
3. Profiling Algorithms' Accuracy,
4. Ascertaining Resource Consumption,
5. Choosing the right programming language for the job.
6. The Implementation of Algorithms in a chosen or preferred programming language known as coding.
Computer Programming Features:
Some of the common features of any computer programming language:
1. Programmer or Coder: The person who codes or writes programming language algorithm to solve problems or to achieve a specifc computing task.
2. Algorithms: can be defined as the step by step approach or method in solving a given problem. Algorithm expression involves the use of variables and data types.
3. Variables: are memory location for storing data in a computer program. The value of variables can change during the execution of the program. We have two types of variables:
- String Variables and
- Numeric Variables.
4. Data Types: are data attributes which instructs the compiler or interpreter how the programmer intends to use the data.
Data types that exist across major programming languages like C, Java and Python are:
- numbers (float, decimals etc),
- string etc.
5. Coding Tools: The tools used in writing programs ranges from Text Editors, IDEs, Compilers and Interpreters.
- Compilers: A compiler is used to convert the program file to binary file.
- Text Editors: These are softwares used in writing raw codes.
- Interpreters: Interpreters are used to read and execute programs directly without any conversion.
- IDEs: also known as Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is a software application that provides comprehensive coder interface environment to computer programmers for software development. An IDE usually consists of: source code editor, automation tools and a debugger.
Types of Computer Programming Languages
There are hundreds of Programming Languages in existence, ranging from low-level language to high level programming languages. The most popular and commonly used ones are as follows:
1. C Programming Language
2. C# Programming Language
3. C++ Programming Language
4. Fortran Programming Language
5. Pascal Programming Language
6. Perl Programming Language
7. PHP Programming Language
8. Python Programming Language
9. ASP Programming Language
10. Java Programming Language
12. LISP Language
13. Scheme Language etc.
In the Full course, you will learn everything you need to know about Computer Programming with Diploma Certificate to showcase your knowledge and competence.
Computer Programming Course Outline:
Computer Programming - Introduction
Computer Programming - Basic Elements
Computer Programming - Environment
Computer Programming - Basic Syntax
Computer Programming - Data Types
Computer Programming - Variables
Computer Programming - Keywords
Computer Programming - Operators
Computer Programming - Decisions
Computer Programming - Loops
Computer Programming - Numbers
Computer Programming - Characters
Computer Programming - Arrays
Computer Programming - Strings
Computer Programming - Functions
Computer Programming - File I/O
Computer Programming - Summary
Computer Programming - Exams and Certification