Practical Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6144 82
There are many errors that users can come across while trying to access the company file in QuickBooks Desktop, and among them, the most frequent is QuickBooks Error 6144 82. The error code appears out of the blue on the user's computer screen with an error description, which reads, "QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close immediately. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The company file contains much vital business information, such as financial records. Therefore, many users panic when they fail to open their company file data. However, there is no need to fret as, with this blog, we will explain to you the reasons that throw QuickBooks Desktop error 6144 82 alongside their solutions.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82?
There can be several symptoms of QB Error Code 6144 82, some of them are the following:
- Due to QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82, QB will crash on opening, and your system may crash with QuickBooks Desktop Error 6144 82 while running the same program.
- Windows run late, and the response time of Windows slows down considerably; as a result, your computer may freeze more than once.
You May Also Read: QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS038
What are the Causes of Error 6144 82 of QuickBooks?
There can be more than one cause of QuickBooks error 6144 82; for your better understanding, we have mentioned some below.
- The company file name exceeds the limit of 65 characters, causing error 6144 82 in QuickBooks Desktop may erupt.
- The company file has been moved to another folder location.
- General company file corruption and connectivity issues can also evoke QuickBooks enterprise error 6144 82.
- Some other computer program has erased some important QuickBooks or Windows files.
- For example, maybe your computer's hard disk or RAM is damaged or corrupted and caused a loss of data and files.
- A recent change in network setting can also trigger the error.
Few Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6144 82
Quickbooks Enterprise Error 6144 82 is quite easy to resolve; following the solutions mentioned below will help you to eliminate this error.
Also Read Related Post: Steps to Resolve This QuickBooks Error Code 6154
Solution 1: Undo All the Recent System Changes by Using Windows System Restore
Windows System Restore helps you to undo the recent changes made on your computer. However, this step may repair multiple errors, including error 6144 82, caused by recent changes.
- Press the Windows key (start button), type "System Restore" in the search box, and hit 'ENTER. '
- Choose System Restore and if prompted, enter the administrator password.
- Follow the instructions in the Wizard to reach a restore point and restore your computer.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the QuickBooks Program
If error 6144 82 is caused by a specific program, reinstalling QuickBooks associated program can help you to eliminate this error.
- Press start and Open Programs and Features
- Locate to Control Panel and hit Programs and then Programs and Features.
- Find a program related to this error under the Name column.
- Choose a QuickBooks-associated entry.
- Press the Uninstall on the top menu bar and follow the instructions on your screen to finish the uninstallation of the QuickBooks Error 6144 82-associated program.
Know More About: Method to Fix QuickBooks Search Not Working
Solution 3: Rename the.ND and . TLG Files in QuickBooks Installation Folder
Corruption in the QuickBooks network data and the transaction log file is one of the most common reasons for getting QuickBooks error code -6144 and -82. Renaming these files will force QuickBooks to make new ones without corruption, which helps remove the error.
- Access your QuickBooks Desktop Software and press F2 Key to get the Product Information window.
- Note down the location of the company file, which is under the File Information section.
- Navigate to your company file folder using Windows file explorer.
- Find the files with.ND and .TLG. extensions have the same file name as your company file.
- If you can't find the file extensions, you must make some changes to the Windows Files and Folder settings.
- Windows 7/8 Users – Press Organize from the top-left and choose Folder and Search Options.
- Go to the View tab and uncheck the "Hide extensions for known file type" option.
- Press Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Rename each file by right-clicking the file and choosing 'Rename .' Add OLD at the end of each file name. Such as company_file.qbw.nd.OLD).
- Access QuickBooks and try again to sign in to your company file.
Solution 4: Move the QuickBooks Company File to the Original QuickBooks Folder
When you access QuickBooks Database Server Manager, it scans the company file on the system and links it with QuickBooks by saving the path of the QuickBooks company file; if the company file is moved to another folder or device, then QuickBooks can't connect with it and trigger errors like 6144 82, follow these steps for troubleshooting.
- Access the QuickBooks Product Information windows by pressing the F2 key on your keyboard.
- Take note of the company file location, which you can locate under the File Information section.
- Navigate to the company file folder location and see if the company file is saved there.
- If you don't find the company file in the original company file folder, use the Windows search field at the top-right search. QBW.
- Windows will show every file a QBW extension.
- Copy the company file you want to access and paste it into the company file folder.
Also Read Related Post: QuickBooks Enterprise Condense Data Tool
Solution 5: Repair the Windows Registry Entries
A corrupt or damaged Windows registry due to recent modifications in QuickBooks can evoke QuickBooks error code 6144, 82; following these steps, you can resolve it.
- Hit Windows + R for the Run dialog box and enter 'Command' in the search area.
- Simultaneously hold Ctrl and Shift keys on the keyboard and then hit Enter.
- When a permission dialog box appears on the screen, hit Yes.
- A black box with a blinking cursor will be visible on your screen, where you must type "Regedit" and hit Enter.
- The Registry Editor window will appear on the screen where you must choose Error 6144 82.
- Move to the File menu and press Export.
- Select the folder where you desire to save the QB backup key.
- You can name the folder and hit the Selected Branch option under the Export Range Box.
- Now, save all these changes by adding .reg as an extension.
- Lastly, you will have the QuickBooks-related registry entry backup.
Solution 6: Start the QuickBooks Monitoring Service Option
The QuickBooks monitoring service can aid you in repairing the 6144 82 error in QuickBooks Desktop. To run it, follow these steps.
- From the Start menu, locate the Services tab.
- Look for the "QBCFMonitoringService" icon from the "Services" list that opens.
- Press the same and ensure they are up and running in Automatic mode.
- If that is not the case, you need to hit the Radio icon > Apply > OK.
If you come across Resolve QuickBooks Error 6144 82, you do not need to panic because this error can easily be eliminated. In this article, we have talked about QuickBooks error 6144 82 in-depth, and if the problem persists, you can call us at +1(855)-738-0359 to get guidance from our technical team.
SIIT Courses and Certification
Also Online IT Certification Courses & Online Technical Certificate Programs