Correct ways to resolve the QuickBooks BEX Error"
QuickBooks is indeed a trustable bookkeeping software for mid-sized businesses, but it can sometimes foster internal issues. QuickBooks BEX Error can develop randomly in the software, forcing it to crash instantly. In case your QBDT also crashes after displaying this error message, proceed in the blog further to learn why it happens and the best-suggested ways to terminate it.
Get in touch with our QB support team at +1-855-738-2784 for effective troubleshooting of this QB error.
Why QuickBooks unexpectedly crashes after displaying this error code?
You sometimes encounter error problem event name BEX randomly while using the software or saving data on your computer. The conditions responsible for triggering this runtime error on your QB are discussed below-
- You use an obsolete version of QuickBooks on your computer generating compatibility issues with the Windows applications while running.
- The software might fail to start or display this error code if the QBWUSER.ini file is damaged.
- You try saving excessive data on your computer which isn’t allowed in the memory section.
You Could Learn Additionally: How do I turn off multi-user mode in QuickBooks Desktop?
Primary solutions to stop the error from reappearing
It becomes inconvenient to perform the accounting tasks as QuickBooks has stopped working BEX error message will keep coming up before unexpected software crashes. You must use the given techniques to remove this runtime error from your QB-
Solution 1- Switch QBDT to single-user mode and download its updates
You can most primarily encounter this error while updating QB on your computer. This mostly happens if any Windows program integrated with QuickBooks tries storing data in the memory section more than the allowed unit. This error is common in other software than QB, too, but a way to tackle this QB is to download the latest software updates. Your software might remove the existing bugs and glitches after the update which prevents this runtime error from developing continuously. The useful steps to update your QBDT are given in detail below-
- Open your QB application and visit the File menu.
- Click Utilities and select the Stop Hosting Multi-user Access option.
- Move to the Help menu of the software and click Update QuickBooks Desktop in the drop-down list.
- Go under the Update Now tab and select the Mark All checkbox to update all the software services together.
- Single-click Get Updates to start downloading the update package and reopen QB after it is completely downloaded.
- Use the screen instructions to install the updates on your computer.
If the error disturbs you even after updating QB, jump to the next solution.
Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 12007
Solution 2- Rerun QBDT after mending the QBWUSER.ini file
QuickBooks can face problems performing the account tasks efficiently if the QBWUSER.ini file gets damaged. This file is used to verify your account details whenever you sign in to the company file. You can also face BEX error Windows 8 QuickBooks if the software fails to process the file. Refer to these steps-
- Open your QuickBooks folder using a file explorer and right-click the QBWUSER.ini file you find inside.
- Select the Rename option and save the file as QBWUSER.ini.old after adding ‘.old’ as an extension.
- Reopen your QB and continue with the bookkeeping.
This blog helps you with the primary causes of QuickBooks BEX Error forcing the software to crash randomly. The blog also contains effective methods to remove the error, and we hope you utilize them to terminate the error on your PC.
Speak to our team of QB experts at +1-855-738-2784 if you come across issues while using the methods.
It’s Possible You’ll Learn Additionally: How To Fix QuickBooks unable to backup company file
SIIT Courses and Certification
Also Online IT Certification Courses & Online Technical Certificate Programs