Let’s Tackle QuickBooks Error 15102 with Easy Resolving Techniques
If you are unable to reset updates in QuickBooks payroll, you might be getting QuickBooks error 15102 on the screen. This error code can prevent users from downloading the latest updates and can get triggered due to some common causes, like an incorrect file download location. QuickBooks error code 15102 can be easily eliminated by understanding the given reasons and performing the detailed solutions given in this article below.
If the given resolution steps seem too technical or are taking longer than expected, you can reach out to our team of QB assistants at 1.855.738.2784 to get professional guidance with the update issues.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102: Main Reasons & Common Triggers
The following common causes & scenarios might lead to QuickBooks Desktop error 15102 –
- You are running QuickBooks in a multi-user mode while trying to download the latest updates, leading to update error codes.
- The download location path might be incorrect or invalid, and the unavailable download location is preventing users from running the payroll updates.
- You are not running QuickBooks with proper admin privileges, and the user account you are using to run the updates might be damaged.
- There are internet connectivity issues in the PC, and the unstable network might interfere with the payroll updates in QB.
- Your payroll tax tables might not be running correctly, and the lack of updates might lead to payroll update issues.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QBDBMgrN Not Running on This Computer
Methods to Easily Terminate QuickBooks Error Message 15102
QuickBooks payroll error 15102 can be effectively resolved by performing the detailed steps given below –
Step 1 – Activate the Shared Download Location from the Product Info Window
You can resolve QB error code 15102 by reviewing the shared download location from the help menu.
- Open QuickBooks to access the Help section to choose the Product Information window by hitting the F2 key to note down the downloaded file location.
- Select Update QuickBooks and go to the Options tab to verify the download location, and if the location is incorrect, select Yes for Shared Download and hit Save.
Read Also: QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working
Step 2 – Map the Drive Letter and Toggle the Shared Download Settings from the Help Tab
You need to ensure that the drive is mapped to the correct letter and edit the download settings.
- Exit QuickBooks and map your drive to a New Drive Letter, followed by opening the QBW Company File.
- Select the Help section to choose the Update QuickBooks option, opt for the Options menu, and from the Settings tab, select the Disable button.
- Enable the download location again and verify the mapped-drive letter from the download location, followed by hitting Save and rerun QB to check if the 15102 error is dismissed.
QuickBooks error 15102 can be successfully resolved by using the detailed solutions given above. In case the error message persists and the update issues aren’t resolved, you can call our professionals at 1.855.738.2784 to get immediate guidance with the error.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15223
SIIT Courses and Certification
Also Online IT Certification Courses & Online Technical Certificate Programs