SEO - Link Building"
Link Building is an SEO practice where a website links are anchored on another external site to improve both direct referrals (i.e., people clicking on the links) and rankings by search engines.
Back Links: are set of anchored links put on external sites to give recommendations to search engines about the usefulness of the links.
Link Building is a form of recommendation from other websites, signaling to search engines that those links contains useful information. The more backlinks your website gets from other sites, the more recommendations you gain, resulting to high rankings on search engine result pages.
Website Crawler from search engines visits a site multiple times whose ranking in search engines is high. This can be verified by putting one’s site links on a highly ranked site, this increases the chances that your site is indexed within 24hrs with good recommendation.
How to Increase Link Popularity?
The following tips when followed can increase your website’s link popularity.
1. Manually submit your site in popular search engines. Do not go for automated submission.
2. Ensure your site is listed in the Open Directory Projects like dmog.org, yahoo.com. This boost links popularity and improves search engine ranking in other search engines.
3. Produce high-quality and unique content so that your site can be naturally linked to by anyone because you feature what they want, which can be gotten anywhere else.
4. Use webmasters as leverage and put your site link on other sites. One-way links have more significance than reciprocal links.
5. Find sites doing the same business and contact them for reciprocal links, also participate in Link Exchange Programs, this ensures you’re not exchanging links with unrelated sites which could affect your website’s ranking.
6. Share your site link as a signature to increase its popularity in forums that do not have a restriction.
7. Use sites like DIGG and Slashdot to submit your site bookmarking. Ensure you go through their spam policy before submission.
8. Write good articles on blogging sites and give references to your links within those articles.
9. Don’t stop providing content to your visitors, keep them busy and if possible create newsletters, forums, blogs, etc.
Other options exist but require funds, they are:
10. Purchase a spot on a high-rank website where your link can be advertised.
11. Subscribe for Google's AdWords program to drive traffic towards your site.
12. Alternative advertising can be used to increase the number of hits on your site, which can lead to your site’s popularity.