SEO - Miscellaneous Techniques
Dos and Don’t
The following tips have been put together under this miscellaneous category to highlight the Dos and Don’t.
- Don't keep the hidden text on your webpages.
- Don't put wrong words thereby creating alternate image spamming.
- Don't use meta tags stuffing.
- Don't use frames and flash on your site.
- Don't exchange your links with blacklisted sites.
- Don't try to misspell keywords with the intention to fool a visitor
- Don't send spam emails to thousands of email IDs.
- Don't use too many graphics on your site.
- Don't create too many doorway pages.
- Don't try to create duplicate content of pages.
- Don't enter your website many times in a single search engine.
- Don't use sub-directory depth more than 1-2.
- Don't create too many dynamic pages. Try to convert them into static pages.
- Don't bloat your pages with code.
- Don't nest your pages.
- These are tips that can help you optimize your site for search engines.
- Each webpage log should only contain a minimum of about 200 visible words of text to maximize relevance with Google.
- Create a homepage link to every webpage and provide easy navigation through all the pages.
- Pay attention to your dynamic page URLs. Endeavor not to have more than 2 parameters in the URL, because Google can crawl and index dynamic pages when they don’t exceed Google 2 parameters.
- Check that there are no broken links in your webpages, this can reduce your other pages rank.