Email Marketing Course, Email Marketing Certification, Email Marketing Training, Email Marketing Tutorial.
These are rules that must be followed to avoid being marked as SPAM:
1. Using phrases like “Click here!” or “Once in a lifetime opportunity!”
2. Excessive use of exclamation marks!!!!
3. Do not use all CAPS.
4. Using bright red or green colored fonts.
5. Using bad content. This one’s broad, but important.
6. Coding sloppy HTML, usually from converting a Microsoft Word file to HTML.
7. Creating an HTML email that’s nothing but one big image, with little or no text. This automatically places you in the spam list because spam filters can’t read images.
8. Using the word “test” in the subject line.
9. Sending a test to multiple recipients within the same company, the company’s email firewall often assumes it’s a spam attack.
10. Sending to inactive lists. These are lists that have not engaged in the campaigns through opens and clicks. When an ISP sees low engagement rates they will often begin to bulk the campaigns to the spam folder because subscriber engagement is a part of getting emails into the inbox, this usually leads to blocking the domain and IP addresses used to deliver those campaigns.
11. Sending to stale lists. Subscribers haven’t heard from you within that timeframe, you’ll need to reconfirm because permission generally goes stale within about 6 months.
12. Include a text version of your email if you are sending HTML emails.
13. Use Spam checkers before sending your emails.
14. Maintain a Good Text to Image Ratio.
15. Make Sure Your DKIM, SPF, Sender-ID, and Domain Keys are set up properly.
16. Avoid large attachments and certain attachment types.
Endeavor to use the services of a Spam Tester before sending emails out to your entire list. Websites like MailingCheck.com offer a free downloadable tool for Windows that uses a Spam Assassin to check the email.
You can send the email to the IsNotSpam.com service, If you prefer to avoid downloading any software, and it can check a few other important items regarding email deliverability.
You can also use Mail-tester.com because it uses a form-based solution to test your emails.
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!