Email Marketing Course, Email Marketing Certification, Email Marketing Training, Email Marketing Tutorial.
This is the art of splitting your list into different groups. These segments consist of people with similar characteristics. These groups/segments can then be emailed according to the content and timing suited for them. Better response rates (open & click) could only come from segmenting one's list. By sending messages to targeted groups within your lists, your recipients will find your campaigns more relevant, and these lead to better results.
Your customers aren’t all the same. They don’t necessarily −
1. Have the same interests.
2. Come from the same sources (such as social sites, contests or in-person).
3. Live in the same geographic location.
4. Same stage of the sales cycle.
Avoid using an email for all these segments of people. In these days of social networking, your customers want to know that you know them. Fortunately, creating highly-segmented email campaigns isn't all that difficult.
The following are ways to segment your list with very small examples −
1. Geographical Location
2. Age (you want to target a specific age group for marketing).
3. Gender (Promoting Haircare products to Women).
4. Interest (Send emails to those who are Web Designers).
Ensure to set up Analytics in your Email Campaign. Many companies provide Analytics. Strong detail for analytics is needed to determine if your email list needs a certain message at a particular time. The following factors are mentioned when you see your analytics report. They are:
1. Open Rate − The number of people, who opened your email as well as the total no of times your email got open. Having a low open rate means that you have to make your email subject and content more appealing and try sending the email in different schedules.
2. Click Rate − The number of people, who clicked a link in your email as well as the total number of times these links were clicked in your email. The goal of your email is to get the reader to take action. The quality of your content needs to be compelling else it would mean a low metric. Make sure your links and “Calls-to-Actions” are visible.
3. Bounces − The number of people who did not get your email, e.g. their email account could not be reached. Thoroughly check that your email list is clean from bouncing addresses to avoid bounces, also this list should contain email addresses, collected from signup on the website, or have them opt-in to receive special offers from you, once purchase is made.
4. Unsubscribe − The number of people who removed their email from your list by a link posted at the bottom of the email.
5. Forward − The number of people who forward the email using “Forward to Friend” at the bottom of the email. Data of people actually clicking the forward link shouldn't be captured by these email platforms.
6. Complaints − The number of times a contact reports your message as spam in their email client. Similar to unsubscribe, to avoid complaints, and make sure you are not spamming your customers, don’t send multiple emails in a day.
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!